Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
0.4.904 (0.5 beta) Available

Here is the last beta before 0.5 is released. All issues reported in the past beta threads have been fixed except for a few issues.

Known issues that will be fixed before 0.5 is released.
  • Selecting 'None' as the dict seems to still use an empty dictionary, after restarting with 'None' selected, it defaulted to the German (first item) on the next launch. Is anyone else haveing this issue? I'm having trouble reproducing it.
  • F&R Results message not plural response. May not be fixed because it doesn't hurt anything...
  • Issue Toxaris is having with S&R crashing. Need more info because I cannot reproduce it.
  • Possible issue with Semantics (cover) not allowing OPF to update properly.

The OS X version now requires 10.7 (Lion). Both Windows and OS X builds are using Qt 4.8. Linux builds are (will be) using Qt 4.7.4.

No changes that require changes to public strings will be make. Strings are now frozen to allow translators to make any necessary changes.

The Linux builds will be up tomorrowish. I've run into some issues with packaging them because Ubuntu is now putting the Qt files in a different place so they're not being found by build system.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:06 AM   #2
Serpentine
Evangelist
Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Serpentine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
And for the lazy : http://code.google.com/p/sigil/downloads/list
Advert
Old 01-04-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
dynabook
Techno-geek
dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dynabook ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1 (Black), PRS-T3S (Black), Kobo Aura ONE
Does it require Lion or did you only test it with Lion?
--MH
Old 01-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Current beta (only):
XP SP3
No longer remembers last Main window shape and position. (detached book browser and TOC windows do) FYI I run the main window on a secondary Portrait oriented display, with the Book browser & TOC on the main display
Old 01-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
Bodhi
Bodhi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Current beta (only):
XP SP3
No longer remembers last Main window shape and position. (detached book browser and TOC windows do) FYI I run the main window on a secondary Portrait oriented display, with the Book browser & TOC on the main display
Same here under Windows7 64bit.
Advert
Old 01-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #6
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
F&R Results message not plural response. May not be fixed because it doesn't hurt anything...
What about leaving the display up until the next operation? I have missed the count too many times. It's no problem on the Find but a pain on the Replace.

Regards - John
Old 01-04-2012, 03:47 PM   #7
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
So far, no crashes or other issues.
Old 01-04-2012, 03:56 PM   #8
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Does it use a different font now in book view?

The bug with the umlauts is not fixed, if you rename a file and add german umlauts you can't rename the file again.
Old 01-04-2012, 05:08 PM   #9
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
  • F&R Results message not plural response. May not be fixed because it doesn't hurt anything...

No changes that require changes to public strings will be make. Strings are now frozen to allow translators to make any necessary changes.

The Linux builds will be up tomorrowish. I've run into some issues with packaging them because Ubuntu is now putting the Qt files in a different place so they're not being found by build system.
I think the plural response can be ignored - especially if you've frozen Strings.

Linux seems to build and run fine, at least on my system (4.7.4 SDK installed to /opt/QtSDK).

I've looked into the issue I had when building the code and highlighting text in codeview and may have found the issue. I'll retest with your linux build when available in case its my build environment.

If I select some text in Codeview it highlighted fine on my Ubuntu 11.04 system. But on my 11.10 system it basically became white on white, making it a pain (same if I do a Find of the text - it became white on white). As no one else reported this I figured it might be my system, so I wiped and re-installed 11.10 (needed to anyway to clear out an old upgrade and get rid of an old partition). But the issue was still there after building the latest source.

I noticed that if I highlighted some characters in the same line it was white/white but if I drag to the next line or so that the text would highlight ok. At first I though after some googling that it was using palette instead of setStyleSheet, but it looks like its more to do with CodeViewEditor::HighlightCurrentLine(). It looks like the code to highlight the whole line line is conflicting with the highlighting of the selected text. If I comment out the HighlightCurrentLine code, it highlights ok. And if I put setStyleSheet("QPlainTextEdit { selection-background-color: darkBlue; selection-color: white }"); as the last line of HighlightCurrentLine then that works ok too (forcing the selection highlight after the line highlight). Neither of these seems a perfect fix, but something for you to consider.

I still haven't figured out my duplicate Fonts/Direction entries in the right click menu - which still appear even on a fresh 11.10 build.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:27 AM   #10
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
Is this spell-check supposed to correct things in the document on its own? Because I've just opened an EPUB in Book View, spotted a lack of a space between a period and the next sentence, and switched to Code View only to find it not there anymore. I'm a little concerned at the thought of what other things it might be doing without my knowledge—it's bad enough that the spell-checker doesn't have a modal dialogue.
Old 01-05-2012, 01:43 AM   #11
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I can confirm that the dutch spellchecker works with accented characters now. I have had several crashes this morning, not all repeatable. Some of them I could repeat several times, but then it worked. I will try to explain what happened.
I looked into some older ePUB's (probably not related) which validates fine (i double checked).

Case 1. Search for <a, first by accident RegEx, current file. Then set to Normal, all HTML files. Got a warning that it was in BV. Switched to CV and pressed find next. Crash. Not repeatable.
Case 2. Second crash. Opened the same book, it opens the cover in BV. I change to CV and doubleclick a xhtml file. Crash. Repeatable. From what I see, it appears that Sigil first wants to open it in split view and then changes to CV. It also crashes for other xhtml files.

In case 2 I also tried another ePUB, same story. Then another again after some time and the problem was gone, also for the other ePUB's. Could it be memory related and with regards to opening an xhtml file in split view first? The xhtml files are not big, 30kb tops.

I work on Windows 7 x64 with 4 GB memory.
Old 01-05-2012, 03:13 AM   #12
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Danish spellcheck

The problem with words containing danish characters æ,ø,å is gone, I have'nt found any new/other errors using my normal workflow

Nice work!

Regards,

Kim
Denmark
Old 01-05-2012, 08:37 AM   #13
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynabook
Does it require Lion or did you only test it with Lion?
Yes, the standalone Qt libraries for OS X will only work on Lion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks
No longer remembers last Main window shape and position.
I'll look into this. It sounds like it's an issue with switching to Qt 4.8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby
What about leaving the display up until the next operation?
Let me think about leaving it up vs making the delay longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64
The bug with the umlauts is not fixed, if you rename a file and add german umlauts you can't rename the file again.
I knew I was forgetting something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme
I noticed that if I highlighted some characters in the same line it was white/white but if I drag to the next line or so that the text would highlight ok. At first I though after some googling that it was using palette instead of setStyleSheet, but it looks like its more to do with CodeViewEditor::HighlightCurrentLine(). It looks like the code to highlight the whole line line is conflicting with the highlighting of the selected text. If I comment out the HighlightCurrentLine code, it highlights ok. And if I put setStyleSheet("QPlainTextEdit { selection-background-color: darkBlue; selection-color: white }"); as the last line of HighlightCurrentLine then that works ok too (forcing the selection highlight after the line highlight). Neither of these seems a perfect fix, but something for you to consider.
I'll take a look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Brittain
Is this spell-check supposed to correct things in the document on its own? Because I've just opened an EPUB in Book View, spotted a lack of a space between a period and the next sentence, and switched to Code View only to find it not there anymore.
The spell checker does not do auto correction. Most likely this is due to how BV is rendering the document.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris
Case 1. Search for <a, first by accident RegEx, current file. Then set to Normal, all HTML files. Got a warning that it was in BV. Switched to CV and pressed find next. Crash. Not repeatable.

Case 2. Second crash. Opened the same book, it opens the cover in BV. I change to CV and doubleclick a xhtml file. Crash. Repeatable. From what I see, it appears that Sigil first wants to open it in split view and then changes to CV. It also crashes for other xhtml files.
I'll give this a try and see if I can recreate it. You use Linux right? Would it be possible for you to run Sigil in gdb and send me a back trace when you get it to crash?

FYI, The Linux builds are not going well and will be delayed a bit longer.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Intermittant/one time failures

XP SP3

Started Sigil: Made a few changes in BV on 1 file. Switched to CV. Windows Crash Message popped up.

CV. Did a Single REGEX S&R (changed some text to an entity), Switched to BV to see if I liked the results (Good), Switched back to CV. CHANGES GONE.
Repeated replac and they stuck (and for the rest of the book)

One timers (so far), the bane of Hardware technicians
Reporting in case this has happened to others
Old 01-05-2012, 10:55 AM   #15
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
I'll give this a try and see if I can recreate it. You use Linux right? Would it be possible for you to run Sigil in gdb and send me a back trace when you get it to crash?.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris

I haven't been able to reproduce this either on Ubuntu 11.10. If there's a file that shows it maybe you can PM a link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks
CV. Did a Single REGEX S&R (changed some text to an entity), Switched to BV to see if I liked the results (Good), Switched back to CV. CHANGES GONE.
Repeated replac and they stuck (and for the rest of the book)
I can reproduce this on Linux. Open new file go to code view only. Type some stuff. Then do a S&R to change it, change to Book view only - not there, back to code view only and its gone. But if you open new file and go to split view and make the S&R change in code view, then it appears in book view when you click there.
Closed Thread