Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-12-2020, 07:59 PM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
New Kobo Mini (sealed retail) with OEM SleepCover

These have been sold on Shop Goodwill in the past. This one is London, ONT, Canada, so the shipping should be cheaper for Canadian bidders (about $20 if shipped to Idaho). It's an auction and there's six days left. Just thought if someone was looking for a new Kobo Mini they might want to know about this one. I have no idea how well the battery lasted during its long storage. I'm guessing the Mini won't go cheap.

https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/92909522
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 08:51 AM   #2
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Current bid is only $9!

The screen is old-tech, it's slow, there's no light....

But still, I LOVE my Mini. I would buy an updated version in a heartbeat. Put a Clara-style screen and current software in a Mini-sized package? What's not to love?
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2020, 09:11 AM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
Current bid is only $9!
There’s no point in bidding until the last minute. Early bids just push up the price because bidders can be irrational and smart bidders know that.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 09:52 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
Current bid is only $9!

The screen is old-tech, it's slow, there's no light....

But still, I LOVE my Mini. I would buy an updated version in a heartbeat. Put a Clara-style screen and current software in a Mini-sized package? What's not to love?
You can't do anything about the screen, but the Mini does use the current software (at least I assume it does, I'm using 4.19.xx on my Mini, which is pretty close to current). I can sync to Kobo and buy from the Kobo Store and read Overdrive books checked out on my Aura Edition 2.

The main reason I would bid for this bundle is for the OEM sleep cover. (Don't worry, I'm not bidding. I need to be selling, not buying.)

Last edited by rcentros; 05-13-2020 at 09:55 PM.
Old 05-14-2020, 08:54 AM   #5
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
The main reason I would bid for this bundle is for the OEM sleep cover. (Don't worry, I'm not bidding. I need to be selling, not buying.)
IMO, the OEM sleep cover for the Mini is so bulky it obviates the point of the Mini. In comparison to the Glo HD in its OEM cover, the Mini is fatter, as wide, and only slightly shorter.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2020, 10:24 AM   #6
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
IMO, the OEM sleep cover for the Mini is so bulky it obviates the point of the Mini. In comparison to the Glo HD in its OEM cover, the Mini is fatter, as wide, and only slightly shorter.
I just assumed it would be smaller than the chunky case I found for my Mini (Navitech). You make me feel a little better about never finding one of these OEM cases.

Do you know if there is (or was) a nice case for the Mini – or did most people just use them case-less?
Old 05-14-2020, 10:33 AM   #7
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
There’s no point in bidding until the last minute. Early bids just push up the price because bidders can be irrational and smart bidders know that.
It would cost almost $19 for shipping and handling to New England. So that has o be added on top of the cost.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 10:33 AM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
You can't do anything about the screen, but the Mini does use the current software (at least I assume it does, I'm using 4.19.xx on my Mini, which is pretty close to current). I can sync to Kobo and buy from the Kobo Store and read Overdrive books checked out on my Aura Edition 2.

Yes 4.20.14622 does work on the Mini.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote