Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-25-2017, 12:06 PM   #256
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You should NEVER let her buy stuff with your account. She should have her own account. My wife has her own account and I would never use any credit she had on her account.

You should to make your bride get her own account and return whatever it was she blew your credit on. You can't let her keep stealing your money.
I wouldn't say never, but I will say she should have let him know she bought something. That is the polite thing to do.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:32 PM   #257
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I would never share an account with my wife where we buy from the same account. For example, I've bought presents from Amazon and she'd see that I did and wat I bought. Also, sometimes I do get Amazon gift cards and I want to be able to spend it on myself.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:32 PM   #258
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I wouldn't say never, but I will say she should have let him know she bought something. That is the polite thing to do.
The polite thing to do is see that it's coming off of credit and pay by card and keep the credit.
Old 10-25-2017, 02:53 PM   #259
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
I used my Amazon credit on something my wife wanted. It did not bother me at all. We share everything. If I want to purchase a book I do so. I do not feel that the credit has to be used just for books for me. We are a team. Besides I like doing things for my wife.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:56 PM   #260
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
I used my Amazon credit on something my wife wanted. It did not bother me at all. We share everything. If I want to purchase a book I do so. I do not feel that the credit has to be used just for books for me. We are a team. Besides I like doing things for my wife.
Apache
That's your choice. But kansaskyle did not choose to do that. His wife spent it when he was planning on spending it since it was his.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:08 PM   #261
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Hubby and I have always had just the one Amazon account. He doesn't want any books right now plus he tends to go for free or 99p only, where I can blow $26 quite easily. I simply gave him cash for his half and I get to spend it all . We actually have no idea who the money actually belongs to based on books purchased. It's simply a credit on our Amazon account and we share it in half.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 03:12 PM   #262
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
That's your choice. But kansaskyle did not choose to do that. His wife spent it when he was planning on spending it since it was his.
The credit just got spent on the next Amazon purchase. I'm sure his wife will reimburse him so he can buy his books.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 03:17 PM   #263
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
Hubby and I have always had just the one Amazon account. He doesn't want any books right now plus he tends to go for free or 99p only, where I can blow $26 quite easily. I simply gave him cash for his half and I get to spend it all . We actually have no idea who the money actually belongs to based on books purchased. It's simply a credit on our Amazon account and we share it in half.
So how do you buy a gift (via Amazon) for your husband without him knowing?
Old 10-25-2017, 04:02 PM   #264
kansaskyle
Addict
kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kansaskyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Forma, Kindle Voyage, PW, and Oasis 3
Quote:
We don't have "his" and "her" money, it is all "our" money. My bride didn't maliciously and gleefully think she was getting one over on me by taking "my money" -- she didn't even notice.

I wasn't upset, I was just letting folks know their credit was not limited to just ebooks in case somebody else saw it disappear for an unexplained reason. It took me a few minutes to piece things together when I bought a couple ebooks and was charged for them.
kansaskyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 09:08 PM   #265
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

We don’t have his or her money except when it’s a gift.
Old 10-25-2017, 10:25 PM   #266
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So how do you buy a gift (via Amazon) for your husband without him knowing?
The Amazon accounts have my credit card. Though we rarely buy gifts for each other. It may be our age, it may be our lifestyle or it may be we don't need special occasions.
The big 2 were honey, I have something for you but you have to get rid of the other mixer. Kitchenaid with a ton of attachments. (It is used.)
Hey sweetheart , do you want a dashcam and rear view camera for the car?
Old 10-25-2017, 10:46 PM   #267
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
We don’t have his or her money except when it’s a gift.
We do. 18 years together has taught me it works best for us. I work hard for my gift cards he knows he has to ask before touching it just as he knows that desktop I let him use is "mine." I have to ask to use his money or debit card. He has his TV and I have mine. He has his bed and I have mine. We have less conflicts this way.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 10:55 PM   #268
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
We do. 18 years together has taught me it works best for us. I work hard for my gift cards he knows he has to ask before touching it just as he knows that desktop I let him use is "mine." I have to ask to use his money or debit card. He has his TV and I have mine. He has his bed and I have mine. We have less conflicts this way.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Oh yes, separate devices are wonderful.
Now we have not gone so far as to have separate beds but we do have separate top sheets and separate blankets. It is awesome. No one is too hot or too cold.
Old 10-25-2017, 11:22 PM   #269
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Anyone remember what this thread was about??

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 12:08 AM   #270
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Anyone remember what this thread was about??

Luck;
Ken
Money.