Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-28-2018, 09:20 AM   #1
p_s
p_s began at the beginning.

Device: Android, iPad, Kindle
Question Downloading Images

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to do this.

I have over 9k books in my library, some of which have images that have been added from third-party image hosting sites/tumblr images. Because Archive of Our Own doesn't host images and so the epub/mobi files downloaded from AO3 only link to the images.

Is there a way I can get the books to download the corresponding images into the epub instead, so that even if the hosting ends, my book will still have the image?

I tried searching the forum for information on this, but there doesn't seem to be any. Please help.

Thanks.
p_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2018, 09:53 AM   #2
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
Welcome to MobileRead.

Possibly this thread can help you get started: calibre Editor
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 10:21 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Click Edit book and use Tools->External links->Download external resources
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 02:08 AM   #4
p_s

Thanks Kovid.

So, it has to done individually? There's no way to do this in large quantities?
Old 03-02-2018, 03:53 AM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3, iPad 9.7, iPad 12.9
Re-downloading the fics using the FanFicFare plugin will download and embed images, I believe.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2018, 03:06 AM   #6
p_s

Is there a way to format the books the way AO3 formats them? The format of the downloads from fanficfare aren't as nice.