Notices

Old 09-06-2017, 01:09 PM   #1
Beniamina
Beniamina began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO AURA 2nd edition
Cool Annotations exported to the PC?

Hi to all,
I have a KOBO AURA 2nd edition ereader.
I often make some annotations in the ebooks and I would like to export them on my PC.

With my old SONY ereader, this was feasable.
But with my KOBO I am not able to.

My question is: Is it possible? If yes, how do I 'create' such a file in order to export it to my PC?

Thank you!
Beniamina
Beniamina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 06:25 PM   #2
mkeles84
Enthusiast
mkeles84 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura/Glo/Kindle PW2
Hi, I use KTExtractAnnotations tool. It exports to PC as text.

https://yadi.sk/d/DPQhsIb2miegT
mkeles84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 07:40 PM   #3
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
@Beniamina: The short answer is that there is no way to extract the annotations supplied by Kobo. The long answer is that it has been discussed here many times with a few different solutions. As nothing has changed about this since the last time it was discussed, I recommend doing a search in the forum for the previous discussions.

Also, the KTExtractAnnotations tool was written and posted here a while ago by a member here, tshering. It should still work, but it has been a long time since I tried it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 03:15 AM   #4
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
There's also the possibility to set up calibre to do that and there's a way to export to text files on the device itself. The latter requires the modification of a system file. There are instructions to be found on this board.
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 11:21 AM   #5
Beniamina

First of all, thank you for your replies.
Davidfor,
before entering my thread, I made a search in the forum, looking for previous discussions about my problem.
But:
a) they were old ones and I hoped that in the meanwhile some new KOBO development had solved it
b) the found-solutions were quite difficult for me (I'm not an expert)
Old 09-08-2017, 09:10 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beniamina View Post
First of all, thank you for your replies.
Davidfor,
before entering my thread, I made a search in the forum, looking for previous discussions about my problem.
But:
a) they were old ones and I hoped that in the meanwhile some new KOBO development had solved it
And this would have been a good thing to mention. If you had, my response would have been to state that there had been no change.
Quote:
b) the found-solutions were quite difficult for me (I'm not an expert)
There are at least two applications you can download and run to create a file. Plus the Annotations plugin to get them into calibre. I'm not sure how these are difficult to run. And the method where you add an entry to the config file on the device seems pretty easy.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:22 AM   #7
Beniamina

Ok, thank you,
I will try with Calibre Annotation plugin.

@Davidfor,
I will keep your suggestion in mind for next problem I will meet with.

Beniamina

Tags
annotations