Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-04-2017, 06:47 AM   #1
emuboy
emuboy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
I've compiled rsync 3.0.9 for the kobo.

Hello everyone.

I've been lurking this community for years, never wrote before, I have a Kobo GLO, during the day I'm an embedded linux programmer and I use the same tool that I believe Kobo is using for their software : Yocto.

Yocto is great, you give it instruction and it compiles stuff for you.

Anyway, the processor I'm using daily is a freescale one, same architecture of my Kobo Glo (and I believe most of the kobo devices) and I have the entire linux build system in place.

I was looking for a way to keep my server and my kobo synced together but rsync is not present in the actual build of the system , so, I built it :

https://www.dropbox.com/s/aot7ku5mdi...rsync.zip?dl=0

works from any location, ideally can be used in the update zips as well.

happy hack!
emuboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 12:57 PM   #2
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thanks!
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2017, 12:31 PM   #3
kido.resuri
Groupie
kido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura aboutkido.resuri has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Nice!
kido.resuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 04:14 PM   #4
dragon788
dragon788 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glod HD
This is a great contribution!

Have you considered setting up a build pipeline for packages for Kobo devices using TravisCI to build the various utilities?

I have a dream to set it up myself at some point, but I have only briefly used Yocto and other cross-compiling tools, so I'm not sure what all would be involved. I'm fairly certain it could be cross compiled in a Docker container using QEMU but it might take more time than TravisCI allows for a single run depending how large the software is.
dragon788 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo kobo rsync