Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-08-2022, 08:32 PM   #1
Kusuri
Connoisseur
Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4+Fire 7", Onyx Boox Nova Air
E-Ink Tablet with Pen?

Hey,
i know that there possibly is no such device but.. i currently search for a E-Ink Tablet with the following things:

- Ability to Read Epubs / Mobi
- Ability to Draw something (Black & White or Color doesn't matters)
- Ability to send Pictures i sketch to a Smartphone or Computer
- Max 150€

i don't really need a fancy one, just one to read and paint a few drawings on it. it would be enough if i could do basic sketches.. so i don't need any fancy image editing app or anything on it.

i don't have much money, and all tablets or ebook readers i found online are around 400€.. which is really a lot for me. and in my opinion, it's too much for just being able to draw with a simple pen. you can get this days android tablets with a stylus for way less.. so paying 400-900€ or even more is too much for me. i post this thread in the hope that someone maybe knows a device that fits this requierements.

p.s: there are also "lcd drawing tablets" you can buy for like 20-50€. some of them have the ability to save and export the images. such a basic way of drawing would be enough for me. so nothing fancy.

greetings!
Kusuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2022, 01:53 AM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusuri View Post
Hey,
i know that there possibly is no such device but.. i currently search for a E-Ink Tablet with the following things:
- Max 150€
Zum doppelten Preis gibt es das.

Der P78 Pro ist zwar billiger - es wird aber kein Stift dazu geliefert.
Vielleicht gibt es aber das gewünschte Gerät im Gebraucht-Geräte-Markt.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2022, 08:33 AM   #3
hel
Sorceress
hel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to behold

Device: Onyx Air2&Nova 3C,Kindle oasis1,Kobo Forma,iPad pro 12.9&9.7,and more.
There is no e-ink readers with pen in your price range unless you'll consider a used device. Cheapest new readers are Boox Nova Air 7.8", Meebook P78 7.8" (add pen) and Meebook P10 10"
hel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 11:12 AM   #4
Kusuri
Connoisseur
Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kusuri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
There is no e-ink readers with pen in your price range unless you'll consider a used device. Cheapest new readers are Boox Nova Air 7.8", Meebook P78 7.8" (add pen) and Meebook P10 10"
yupp, guess i can't change that. i now researched yesterday a bit and decided to maybe get myself a Boox Nova Air 7.8". i couldn't find a lot community activity online in terms of that device (not even 5 review videos on youtube as an example).. but i think i will take that jump into the unknown and will see if it will be good enough for what i want to do with it.

...and exactly right now that i want to order it from their webshop, its sold out so i won't get that free goodies they always sent if you order on their shop..

guess i have to order from amazon then.. :/
Old 11-10-2022, 11:53 AM   #5
Colonel Cathcart
Addict
Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusuri View Post
i couldn't find a lot community activity online in terms of that device (not even 5 review videos on youtube as an example).. but i think i will take that jump into the unknown and will see if it will be good enough for what i want to do with it.
You don't need 5, I bet this should be enough: https://www.youtube.com/c/MyDeepGuide/videos
Colonel Cathcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-10-2022, 01:46 PM   #6
Kusuri
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Cathcart View Post
You don't need 5, I bet this should be enough: https://www.youtube.com/c/MyDeepGuide/videos
Thats the Video i watched with a few others. was really helpful since it provided a lot of details, especially about the options available etc !
Old 11-11-2022, 09:08 AM   #7
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
Does the meebook P78 really have a digitiser?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2022, 01:10 PM   #8
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Does the meebook P78 really have a digitiser?
Yes - the P10 stylus and a new (P78 Pro) work
Old 11-11-2022, 02:09 PM   #9
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Ah, "P78 Pro" isn't the same as the "P78", which is very like the Boyue Mars?

Similar issue with Samsung and Lenovo tablets S/H. You need the exact model number to look up and see if a digitiser is included.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 12:10 AM   #10
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Ah, "P78 Pro" isn't the same as the "P78", which is very like the Boyue Mars?

Similar issue with Samsung and Lenovo tablets S/H. You need the exact model number to look up and see if a digitiser is included.
Oh no. They have very similar case, but:
Android 8,1 have Likebook P78 (blue) and Ares (Wacom, brown); the Meebook P78 Pro is grey and has a writing foil attached and Android 11.
And Likebook has another shutdown screen than Meebook

Last edited by ottischwenk; 11-12-2022 at 02:25 AM.

Tags
painting, pen