Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Offline > BBeB/LRF Books (offline)

Notices

Old 12-24-2008, 04:40 PM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Kendrick, Baynard: The Aluminum Turtle. v1. 24 Dec 08

This title was released under a Creative Commons License with a link to the book here. There is additional acknowledgement AND a link again placed at the end of the book. Book was acquired from Munseys, BUT REFORMATTED BY ME TO MY SPECIFICATIONS.

http://www.munseys.com/book/28102/Aluminum_Turtle,_The

This stars blind detective Duncan Maclain and written by Baynard Kendrick. Although I haven't read all of the Duncan Maclain mysteries, the two or three I have found and read over the years are entertaining and exciting mysteries.

Here's some more information about the series:

"Blinded in World War I, wealthy, dashing Captain DUNCAN MACLAIN moves to New York and sets up a detective agency, aided by his partner, Spud Savage, and his secretary (and Spud's wife) Rena. Rounding out the staff are Duncan's two specially-trained German Shepherds, Schnuke and Driest. When he's not solving crimes, Duncan whiles away the time reading (in Braille) and doing giant jigsaw puzzles. Later on in the series, Duncan found time to marry the lovely Miss Sybella Ford, owner of a decorating shop.

"Don't be fooled by the gimmick -- these books are pretty damn decent, and author Kendrick is no hack. He was a founding member of The Mystery Writers of America and served as its first president, and was later voted a Grand Master. The Maclain books are exciting, well-written adventures (even if, granted, there are a few pulpy gee-whizzes sprinkled here and there) and it's a true crime that Kendrick and Maclain are now almost forgotten."

Like all the books I assemble on MobileRead, this too was assembled to reflect human intervention and artistic judgment.

I hope you enjoy it.

Don

Last edited by Jellby; 03-16-2014 at 05:04 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote