Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-05-2021, 04:48 PM   #1
illuvatar
illuvatar began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Lux 5
Download all books from Pocketbook Cloud

I just purchased a Pocketbook Lux 5 and I'm really happy with it.

Only thing I can't seem to find is how I download all books from Pocketbook Cloud.
I had my ebook collection on my iPhone. I uploaded all of them to Pocketbook Cloud and now they do show up on my device, but when I click a book it has to download the epub first.

How can I choose to download them all at once so they are on the device and I can read them when wifi is turned off?
illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 05:11 PM   #2
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
Maybe you should use the Dropbox PocketBook option. In that case it will download all the books to the device. PocketBook Cloud is intended to store the books in the Cloud and download the ones you are going to read.
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2021, 05:35 PM   #3
illuvatar
illuvatar began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Lux 5
But that doesn't sync your reading position, right? I would like to be able to read on my iPhone and that progress is then saved and I can immediately continue reading on the pocketbook.
illuvatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 02:04 AM   #4
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

With Dropbox PocketBook you can send all your books to your device (they are stored in Dropbox and downloaded to your e-reader). And, at the same time, you can synchronize the book you are reading with another device through PocketBook Cloud (where it is also stored). In any case, to synchronize you have to turn on the Wi-Fi, so it seems like an unnecessary duplicity.
Old 02-06-2021, 02:05 AM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by illuvatar View Post
But that doesn't sync your reading position, right? I would like to be able to read on my iPhone and that progress is then saved and I can immediately continue reading on the pocketbook.
I thought this would be an easy question to answer but, for me, it turned out to be a little odd.

First, how it should work...

If you've only bought books from or uploaded books to the PocketBook Cloud on the PocketBook Bookstore, all you should have to do is go to Settings > Accounts & Synchronization > PocketBook Cloud > Synchronize Now. (This may work with a normal Sync from the main menu. I'm not sure.)

When I first bought my used Touch Lux 3 (which unfortunately has a fast battery drain issue I can't fix) it was attached to the Produktion BH der Zukunft Bookstore. I created a PocketBook cloud there, but there were almost no English books at that store. So I got hold of PocketBook and they changed me over to the BookLand Bookstore (which was the official PocketBook Store until recently). This was the Bookstore that came default on the HD3 until I upgraded it. Then I was moved to the PocketBook Bookstore during the upgrade process. Anything I've sideloaded on the HD3 after the upgrade has been synced to PocketBook. Here's the weird part. My old Touch Lux 3 sees books on both the BookLand and PocketBook Bookstores, even though it's logged into BookLand. So it syncs all my books (even the ones added recently by the HD3). On the other hand, my upgraded HD3 only sees the books on PocketBook's Bookstore. (?) Seems backwards to me.

At any rate, my "fix" was simply to download the books from Zukunft and BookLand Bookstores and upload them to the PocketBook Bookstore (via my computer). I didn't have very many books on any of these clouds yet, so it didn't take long (even though you have to do it one book at a time).

When I go to PocketBook's main site and click on Cloud, I still get the option to log into three separate store's Cloud accounts. Somehow PocketBook and BookLand (and maybe Zukunft) are linked for the Touch Lux 3, but not for the Touch HD3.

Hope this helps rather than confuses.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2021, 01:50 PM   #6
cellaris
Addict

Anyway, Dropbox PocketBook and PocketBook Cloud can be used at the same time. Each has a different function. With Dropbox PocketBook you can bulk send books to the e-reader. With PocketBook Cloud you can choose whether or not to sync them to other devices (or simply store them here so that they do not take up space on the device).

For example, I only read PDFs on the InkPadX and don't need to have them on other devices, so I use Dropbox PocketBook to send those books, but I don't upload them to PocketBook Cloud (although you can have them stored here too and not download them to other devices) . Or you can have only one device to read and you don't need to sync anything. In this case you can use only Dropbox PocketBook or only PocketBook Cloud at your choice.

I would like to have in other brands the problem of which option to choose: PocketBook Cloud, Dropbox PocketBook or Send to PocketBook (or use them all at once) . It seems to me that this is precisely one of the strengths of PocketBook. I don't understand how it can become a problem.

Last edited by cellaris; 02-06-2021 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-06-2021, 02:13 PM   #7
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellaris View Post
I would like to have in other brands the problem of which option to choose: PocketBook Cloud, Dropbox PocketBook or Send to PocketBook (or use them all at once) . It seems to me that this is precisely one of the strengths of PocketBook. I don't understand how it can become a problem.
I haven't used Dropbox PocketBook yet (may at some time) but the Send to PocketBook and PocketBook Cloud are nice. I don't use it much, but the PocketBook App for Android is also very good. It even has Text to Speech, which surprised me.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2021, 02:26 PM   #8
cellaris
Addict

PocketBook App is great for managing books conveniently from your cell phone. And Send to PocketBook to send articles or web content (or a book) to a specific device (which you can then sync through PocketBook Cloud with other devices if you want).

Last edited by cellaris; 02-06-2021 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-13-2022, 09:33 AM   #9
jmanko16
jmanko16 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW, iPad
I have had such significant issues with pocketbook cloud not working and the iOS/iPadOS apps failing to upload files it has essentially been unusable. It's too bad I like the app if it worked.
jmanko16 is offline   Reply With Quote