Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-23-2022, 10:24 AM   #211
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kobo: Forma + Libra|Galaxy: TAB A7 + Note 8 tablet|Boox: Note Air 2
Just reinstalling Kfmon by itself (a simple job) fixes 'Generator error' problem.
However, to get rid of annoying list of image files, I had to to run KoboRoot.tgz, which necessitated reinstalling Koreader/ Plato again anyway...

Okay, so...

The powershell method couldn't see my Kobo.

So I just extracted the contents of the KFMON zip I got here into the root of the Kobo.

As expected: when I pulled the Kobo out of the PC, it restarted and 'updated'.

Aaaaaannnd......EVERYTHING WORKS AGAIN!
The menu is good - no errors!
Koreader and Plato both start!

EXCEPT...I can see that the eternal problem with all the image files (eg lots of PNG files) being listed again in my list of ebooks on the device has reccurred.

So I need to run the fix for this:
I put the 'KoboRoot.tgz' (that I probably got from here) into the .kobo folder again.
I unplug, let it 'detect new books', and it goes thru an update process.
When it restarts, I hit "Full rescan" - which is a custom item I put on my Nickelmenu.
Now the image files are gone from my booklist!

HOWEVER, now Koreader and Plato both crash!
So I will have to reinstall them.

I just extract the zip of the special combined package from here into the root of the Kobo...unplug...

It scans for new books but doesn't seem to restart and update....

But once its finished, everything is working!

Last edited by LivresInOz; 04-23-2022 at 12:02 PM.
LivresInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 12:13 PM   #212
LivresInOz
LivresInOz
LivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityLivresInOz has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kobo: Forma + Libra|Galaxy: TAB A7 + Note 8 tablet|Boox: Note Air 2
Post How to fix 'generator error' (ELI5)

ALTERNATIVE EXPLANATION:

Here is my own instructions for myself for the future! A bit more to-the-point than the above

OVERVIEW:
You will have to reinstall KFMON.
When you do, koreader and Plato WILL still work.
But then all the image files will be picked up again, appearing where your books are (eg PNGs).
So you will have to run the KoboRoot.tgz file.
The image files will now be gone, but Koreader and Plato will no longer work.
You will have to install them again.

1. Go here to get latest KFMON, and the Koreader+Plato package

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=314220

2. Extract the contents of KFMON DIRECTLY into root of your Kobo (allow it to overwrite)

3. Eject the Kobo, let it scan for books. It will restart and 'update'

4. Fix the problem of it displaying images (eg PNGS) etc by putting KoboRoot.tgz into the .kobo folder (don't extract it).

Potential source for KoboRoot.tgz (I can't guarantee this is good...I have an old copy that I know works. Perhaps others could vouch?)

5. Same as point 3: Eject the Kobo, let it scan for books. It will restart and 'update'

6. RESCAN FULL (I have this as a custom item on my Nickelmenu. Not sure if this is absolutely necessary. OR, how you would do it if you don't have it as a menu item like I do. But it must be possible. Perhaps just run Calibre and add a random book? Suggestions anyone?)

7. The image files no longer appear in your book lists.

8. But now Koreader and Plato wont work

9. Reinstall koreader and plato: just unpack the zip into root of the device (allow it to overwrite)

10. Eject, let it rescan.
I don't remember it restarting and updating.

But everything now works as it should, including:
- my menu is there including my custom items
- Koreader and Plato

Last edited by LivresInOz; 04-23-2022 at 12:17 PM.
LivresInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2022, 12:51 PM   #213
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Everything bundles kfmon, which is why the kfmon only package is the only one you need after an update .

EDIT: Oh, hey, random page break .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2022, 04:38 PM   #214
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Tagged 1.4.6, to go with the FBInk tag ;o).

Nothing to see here for OCP users, as the OCP packages have always been using up⁻to-date binaries.
Old 02-11-2023, 11:20 PM   #215
Romeo_Beck
Romeo_Beck began at the beginning.

Device: Oasis
KFmon can't start Koreader

I using Kobo Aura H2O E2
When click menu Nickel and run Koreader or Plato can't start.
Screen freeze and hard restart devices
Please help me
Romeo_Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2023, 01:41 PM   #216
NiLuJe
BLAM!

c.f., https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/10107
Old 04-27-2023, 05:48 PM   #217
Miiraheart
Miiraheart began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo sage
Internal storage unavailable warning

kfmon internal storage unavailable warning shows up when kobo is turned off, is there a way to remove the warning from showing up on the screensaver on the cover page?
Miiraheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 05:55 PM   #218
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miiraheart View Post
kfmon internal storage unavailable warning shows up when kobo is turned off, is there a way to remove the warning from showing up on the screensaver on the cover page?
kfmon doesn't work properly with current firmware versions.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 09:49 PM   #219
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
kfmon doesn't work properly with current firmware versions.
Yes it does.

The only unsupported scenario right now is the Elipsa 2E; where it will technically work, but without visual feedback.
Old 04-27-2023, 09:50 PM   #220
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miiraheart View Post
Nope, that's a feature, it indicates that the device actually shut down sanely .
Old 04-28-2023, 01:27 PM   #221
Miiraheart
Miiraheart began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Nope, that's a feature, it indicates that the device actually shut down sanely .
Is there a way to not have it shown on the screen? It’s on the book cover
Miiraheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 01:37 PM   #222
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Not without patching it out no.

You're the second person in forever to ask about that, so I'm not really inclined to hide it behind a setting either.

(It also ties into the USBMS failure detection, which I care very very much about, which makes that an even harder sell; especially given that the use-cases for a powered-off device where you care about the display should be non-existent).

Tags
fmon, kfmon, kobo, launcher