Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-18-2008, 08:06 AM   #1
Gromet
Gromet began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
New to PRS-505, have a question....

Hello there all, I have had my 505 for about 2 weeks and am loving it. My wife loved mine and wanted one of her own. Hers will be her on Monday. My question is, I have my 505 syncing with my laptop. If she installs the eBook Libraryr software on her laptop and we login on hers with the same account, when we activate her 505, will we be able to share/sync all our purchased eBooks, with both 505s???

Thanks in advance for any info.

Gromet

Last edited by JSWolf; 01-18-2008 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Edited for clarity
Gromet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:20 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Hello Gromet, welcome to MobileReader.

Yes, if you register your wife's Sony Reader to the same account that you have yours registered to, you'll be able to share books. You can have up to 6 devices (a device is either a Sony Reader or a PC) registered to the same account.

One small thing, by the way, which I should mention. There is an eBook format called "eReader" (which the Sony can't read) and it gets horribly confusing if people refer to the Sony Reader as an "eReader". Best to call it the "Sony Reader" to avoid the potential for confusion.

Best wishes,
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2008, 08:40 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Edited the thread title to avoid any confusion.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:46 PM   #4
dow
Addict
dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-505
Thought I'd tag along, since I'm kind of in the same boat. I bought my reader last night, and have yet to authorize it, although I've already converted some books and put them on it via libprs500 (What a wonderful tool!). Anyway, if I do what Gromet is suggesting, will that allow my wifa and me to have 200 classics from the connect store, or just 100?

Thanks,
dow
dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:21 PM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by dow View Post
Anyway, if I do what Gromet is suggesting, will that allow my wifa and me to have 200 classics from the connect store, or just 100?
Don't take this as 100%, but IIRC someone here (maybe Penforhire) did get the classics credit for a second reader, but had to go through customer service to get it to happen. Of course all or pretty much all of those classics are available here, at feedbooks or at manybooks for free & most if not all (at least the ones here) are formatted better than the Sony ones.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-18-2008, 02:36 PM   #6
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
You should get the 100 classics credit for each new Reader registration (the first time the actual device is ever registered, that is).

In any case, as AnemicOak suggests, I wouldn't be too upset if I didn't get them in your place: they appear to be machine translations, so the ones from ManyBooks are mostly equivalent in quality, and the ones here are much better.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:20 PM   #7
dow
Addict
dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Kobo Aura HD, Sony PRS-505
Thanks!
dow is offline   Reply With Quote