Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 05-18-2020, 11:38 AM   #1
jmmcg9
Zealot
jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, iPad Pro (12.9”), iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Mini 5, Forma
MyMustReads

My local bookstore, Book People in Austin, Texas, uses an app called “Mymustreads” for eContent. Based on everything I have read, this format can only be read on tablets, not eInk type readers.
I would love to support my local book store, but I have been totally bought into the advantages of eInk on eye fatigue since my first Kindle (generation 2).
Is there an eInk reader that supports Mymustreads? Or is there a way to convert these files to a useable eInk format?
Thanks, Joe
jmmcg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 12:09 PM   #2
rowe
Zealot
rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rowe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hi Reader Pro, Page, Tab Ultra C, Mira, Dasung Paperlike Colour
There's an Android app that should work on any e-reader running Android 4.4 upwards with play store. There's alternatives, but the main brand for this is https://www.boox.com

I haven't tried MyMustReads, but use my local library app (RBDigital) all the time on my Boox Nova 2.
rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-30-2020, 12:20 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowe View Post
There's an Android app that should work on any e-reader running Android 4.4 upwards with play store. There's alternatives, but the main brand for this is https://www.boox.com

I haven't tried MyMustReads, but use my local library app (RBDigital) all the time on my Boox Nova 2.
RBDigital needs no special app.It's just ePub using Adobe's Adept DRM. Just install ADE 2.0.1 and you can download them as ePub and not need to use an app. You just need a Reader capable of handling the DRM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 08:08 AM   #4
kmkelmor
kmkelmor began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite, nook, calibre ...
back to MyMustReads file type

I too would like to use my local bookstore, who uses MyMustReads, but I don't want to be locked in. Has anybody worked with these yet? Does anybody know even what file type is used?

Thanks!
Kim
kmkelmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 07:27 AM   #5
jmmcg9
Zealot
jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jmmcg9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, iPad Pro (12.9”), iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPad Mini 5, Forma
Is MyMustReads RBDigital?
Also JSWolf, am I safe in assuming these can’t be converted through Calibre without using the Adobe app?
Thanks,
Joe
jmmcg9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-19-2020, 09:35 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmmcg9 View Post
Is MyMustReads RBDigital?
Also JSWolf, am I safe in assuming these can’t be converted through Calibre without using the Adobe app?
Thanks,
Joe
I've never used MyMustReads so I cannot answer if it's using RBDgitial or not.

RBDigitial's eBooks are ePub using ADE. You could use the RBDigitial app if you want.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eink display, mymustreads