Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-29-2015, 10:43 PM   #1
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

Device: Kobo Aura and Kobo Mini, had a Nook, NOOKcolor, Nook STR.
How to bookmark

OK, sorry if this seems overly simple, but I can't figure out how to bookmark on my Aura. I've had a few other readers and I don't see an option for it. I'm reading a sideloaded book right now. I use this option a lot so I hope it's there.
Care is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 10:58 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Tap the top right corner of the screen and it will display a virtual dogear. Page is now bookmarked. Tap it again to remove the bookmark. Bring up the bottom menu, tap the 3 lines icon at the right and choose annotations to see and jump to the bookmarked page.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2015, 08:19 AM   #3
Care
Aes Sedai
Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.Care has every book they ever wanted in electronic form on their reader.

OMG I feel pretty stupid. I did try that but it didn't work. I notice a few times when I've touched the screen nothing happened...
Old 08-30-2015, 09:00 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
You can also select words in the text to save a highlight or annotation. A long press on the word will select it when you take your finger away, there will be a dictionary popup and a menu. The long press and move your finger will select multiple words and display the menu. If you save the highlight/annotation, the selection will be shown in the text and will be listed in the annotations list along with the bookmarks.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:22 AM   #5
Care
Aes Sedai

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
You can also select words in the text to save a highlight or annotation. A long press on the word will select it when you take your finger away, there will be a dictionary popup and a menu. The long press and move your finger will select multiple words and display the menu. If you save the highlight/annotation, the selection will be shown in the text and will be listed in the annotations list along with the bookmarks.
Thank you. I actually did that when I couldn't figure out the bookmark but it showed it to me but didn't take me to the page. It is still nice to have. I had it on my nook too.
Advert
Old 08-31-2015, 10:01 AM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
Thank you. I actually did that when I couldn't figure out the bookmark but it showed it to me but didn't take me to the page. It is still nice to have. I had it on my nook too.
Tapping an annotation, highlight or bookmark in the annotations list should take you to the page it is on. Or are you on an older firmware version? In that case, you might need to do a long press and select "Show in book" from the menu.
Old 08-31-2015, 03:20 PM   #7
Care
Aes Sedai

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Tapping an annotation, highlight or bookmark in the annotations list should take you to the page it is on. Or are you on an older firmware version? In that case, you might need to do a long press and select "Show in book" from the menu.
Mine doesn't do that, it just brings up a page that says highlights and shows what I highlighted and what page. I see there's a menu bar though and in there it says show in book.

I thought I was updated since Calibre gave me a message about the firmware not being supported and everything seemed to update when I set it up. I will have to check.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:33 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Care View Post
Mine doesn't do that, it just brings up a page that says highlights and shows what I highlighted and what page. I see there's a menu bar though and in there it says show in book.
I think I know what is happening. The Annotations list has two styles. The "Notebook view" shows the text that was selected, where in the book/chapter it is and the annotation below it. Tapping any part of this will do the "Show in place". The "List view" shows just the selected text and where it is. Tapping this will open the details of the highlight/annotation. At the bottom right of the details is a menu icon which has "Show in book". I usually use the Notebook view and had forgotten about the differences.

To swap between the views, tap the menu icon (the three lines) in the grey bar at the top of the annotations list. This also has the filter and sort options.
Old 09-02-2015, 05:18 PM   #9
Care
Aes Sedai

Thank you.