Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-04-2024, 04:31 PM   #1
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Use for Aura HD H2O original with no touch?

I have an H2O original with no touch. I think the bezel, which is the IR light pipes, is damaged.

So ideas for use other than an ereader that don't involve much time or money. I'm not short of actual ereaders, so I'd not even try to get a replacement bezel.

I've obviously access to the entire FS simply by sticking the SD card into my Linux box. Currently a 32G Byte SD card as the original was dodgy. I also set the autoUSB gadget mode and sideloadedmode and it updated to firmware and displays added books in My Books. Also changing the front-light setting in config works.

I have a dedicated weather station with real outdoor HW, so not interested in fetching a weather display from the Internet. Nor news headlines.

Last edited by Quoth; 01-04-2024 at 04:34 PM.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 11:08 AM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
How hard to integrate as a text terminal screen on a Raspberry PI using nano or similar as a text editor via USB networking in portrait mode?
That would give 135 columns x 65 rows text using an 8 x 22 cell, or about 72 columns with 16 x 22 pixel cell.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2024, 09:21 PM   #3
NiMa
Evangelist
NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiMa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Glo HD, Touch C/B, Mini, Glo, Aura SE, Clara HD, KT
- Might be useful: https://github.com/llandsmeer/inkvt

- Might also be useful but require some porting (only compatible with InkBox OS currently): https://github.com/Kobo-InkBox/ITerm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7piH2415cnY
It has better rendering overall since it uses Qt instead of printing directly on the FB.

You can use tmux on your local computer and SSH from the device. It's probably possible to launch either one of these with a command without typing it in from a touchscreen.
NiMa is offline   Reply With Quote