Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 04-07-2007, 04:20 PM   #1
esperanc
esperanc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
htmlbbeb

Hi,

I´ve just released version 0.1 of my efforts to buid a html->bbeb converter that respects most formatting. Those interested in trying it and/or helping me improve it should access the HtmlBBeB site.

The program handles images, links and much of the formatting done with css.

At this point, it is still pretty much an alpha, but I was able to convert many html ebooks to a reasonable-looking lrf document.

In fact, the program just creates a .lrs file, i.e., a Xylog xml file. This file may be later translated into a .lrf file using a suitable application such as MSH_LRSParser.

I have not included MSH_LRSParser in the distribution since I am not certain about its standing copyright-wise.

On the other hand, the provided GUI front-end may be used to convert from lrs to lrf automatically, provided you put MSH_LRSParser.exe into the same directory where htmlbbebgui was put.

The main application was written in Python (Python 2.4 or newer should work fine) and the source distribution contains all files necessary to run it.

Included in the source distribution are two main files: htmlbbeb.py, which is a command line application, and htmlbbebgui.py, a GUI front-end written with PyQt / Qt.

I also put together a "windows-only" installer with everything you need to run the application for those non-programmers who want to try it hassle-free.
esperanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 05:22 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Cool! Now we just need a batch converter for Baen books...
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-07-2007, 05:54 PM   #3
jwhayn
Enthusiast
jwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with othersjwhayn plays well with others

Device: Kindle Voyage
I get an error message saying that QtSvg4.dll was not found. Any ideas?
jwhayn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:54 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
hooray that saves me a couple of days of coding. Any chance you'd be willing to register it with pypi? That way I can depend on it easily.

EDIT: Actually never mind. I guess I'll just include it since it's GPL'ed.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 04-07-2007 at 07:01 PM.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:06 PM   #5
esperanc
esperanc began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhayn
I get an error message saying that QtSvg4.dll was not found. Any ideas?
Oops. I made a mistake building the distribution setup app which failed to include some files. I am uploading a new version which hopefully corrects the problem...
esperanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2007, 05:55 PM   #6
obelix
Connoisseur
obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.obelix once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esperanc
I have not included MSH_LRSParser in the distribution since I am not certain about its standing copyright-wise.
MSH_LRSparser is freeware and can be distributed without any permission.
The latest version is availbale at
http://www.msh-tools.com/ebook/MSH_LRSParser.zip

obelix, the author of MSH_LRSparser
obelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:08 AM   #7
pitolee
Connoisseur
pitolee began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk
Cool! Now we just need a batch converter for Baen books...
I just use the Tools/Join Books command in BD...
pitolee is offline   Reply With Quote