Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #76
korinian
korinian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomei View Post
Does this program not work with windows 7 x64? I have the kindle 3 plugged in but when I start the program it says the kindle is not found.
When I was getting that message it was because I didn't have any collections created yet. As soon as I had a collection on the kindle 3 it worked.
korinian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #77
tomei
tomei began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks that did the trick. It works now. OP needs a FAQ in the first post or on his website.
tomei is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2010, 05:42 PM   #78
Bratzzo
Addict
Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bratzzo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Hi,

@ Adrian
Nice little program!
Very useful.

I would like to have a little icon on the left side, which mark the book as already in one ore more collection.

And I tried to select more than one book to drag them to the right side. But it seems that is not possible.

It would be nice if this two things would be possible.

Bratzzo
Bratzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:28 PM   #79
chilady1
I devour books!
chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chilady1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, Kindle 3/Kobo Aura HD, iPhone 6
For those of you testing/using this software, question:

Can using this software change how the collections show up on your Kindle? For example - if I put a 1 in front of the collection I want to appear first, will this software ordered the collections in some type of alphabetical order?

Just curious, based on what I have read in other places, you have to put symbols and so forth in front of the Collections' name to have it appear in some type of order.
chilady1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:06 AM   #80
Scott Nielsen
Groupie
Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!Scott Nielsen goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: iPad, K3, K4, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRiker View Post
Would you consider adapting your code to work with calibre, so that calibre could manage collections directly?

Kovid is very helpful and welcoming of new features, and this is something that many Kindles users have been asking for.
Seconded. Instant fame awaits you, acolegate
Scott Nielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2010, 12:05 PM   #81
apheredia
apheredia began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs-950
Quote:
Originally Posted by acolegate View Post
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay releasing version 0.4 - I've been really busy recently.

This week I will be sending out v0.4 to everyone who has PM'ed me with their email address.

Here are the new key features...
  • App now supports AZW, PRC TPZ and AZW1 files
  • App now checks for the Kindle before committing. It may have been ejected by Windows or just unplugged.
  • New "options" feature and dialogue.
    • Control whether folders expand automatically after being created
    • control whether collections are expanded automatically after being created
    • Switch between physical filename and metadata book title for DRM titles in files & collections
  • New look button bar

I've attached a couple of screenshots.

Best wishes

Adrian
Hi, Adrian
Does this program works on windows vista 64 bit?
THANKS !!!!
apheredia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:25 PM   #82
acolegate
Kindle App Developer
acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite
Quote:
Originally Posted by apheredia View Post
Hi, Adrian
Does this program works on windows vista 64 bit?
THANKS !!!!
Yes, the app should work fine on Vista 64 bit as long as the .Net Framework v4 is installed.
acolegate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #83
acolegate
Kindle App Developer
acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.acolegate is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Nielsen View Post
Seconded. Instant fame awaits you, acolegate
I'll look into how Calibre plugins work and see how/if the app could be adapted.

I'm not promising anything though :-)
Old 09-02-2010, 03:31 PM   #84
acolegate
Kindle App Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomei View Post
Does this program not work with windows 7 x64? I have the kindle 3 plugged in but when I start the program it says the kindle is not found.
A limitation in v0.3 is that you must have created at least one collection before the app will detect your kindle. Once it's been created, you can delete it again straight away.

This has been fixed in v0.4.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:11 AM   #85
maxxim88
Enthusiast
maxxim88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG
Acolegate
Can you add "create sub-folrders in collections" funtion in v0.4 ?
maxxim88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:47 AM   #86
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
I've got the Kindle Collection Manager up & running, but it's only recognizing that I have 3 books, both on my K3 and in collections and this is very wrong! I've got at least 20 books on the device (most downloaded from the Amazon Kindle Store). I have .NET 4 Framework installed. What am I doing wrong?

The other weird thing it's doing is it's showing the 2 of 3 books as PDFs and they are all MOBIs.

EDIT: Doh! Nevermind - looks like v0.3 doesn't support .azw yet - I REALLY need v0.4!!! But I do still have the issue of Collection Manager showing 2 of 3 books as PDFs instead of MOBIs.

Last edited by 93terp; 09-03-2010 at 07:54 AM. Reason: add'l info
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 07:50 AM   #87
acolegate
Kindle App Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
I've got the Kindle Collection Manager up & running, but it's only recognizing that I have 3 books in collections and this is very wrong! I've got at least 20 books on the device. I have .NET 4 Framework installed. What am I doing wrong?

The other weird thing it's doing is it's showing the 3 books as PDFs and they are MOBIs.
Version 0.3 only supports MOBI and PDF files. I suspect the missing files are files of other types.

Can you check this and let me know?

BTW, v0.4 will be released today and supports MOBI, PDF, AZW, AZW1, PRC, TPZ

As a member of the beta programme, you'll automatically receive it by email.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:57 AM   #88
93terp
Fear The Turtle!
93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.93terp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV, Kobo Forma, Kobo A1LE, KO3, K3
Quote:
Originally Posted by acolegate View Post
Version 0.3 only supports MOBI and PDF files. I suspect the missing files are files of other types.

Can you check this and let me know?

BTW, v0.4 will be released today and supports MOBI, PDF, AZW, AZW1, PRC, TPZ

As a member of the beta programme, you'll automatically receive it by email.
Thanks acolegate! I went back & read your 1st post in this thread and indeed, right now most of my books are in the AZW format, so that explains why only 3 books are showing up. However, the 3 books that are identified are all MOBI files, but Collection Manager shows 2 of them as being PDF files.
93terp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:02 AM   #89
acolegate
Kindle App Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93terp View Post
Thanks acolegate! I went back & read your 1st post in this thread and indeed, right now most of my books are in the AZW format, so that explains why only 3 books are showing up. However, the 3 books that are identified are all MOBI files, but Collection Manager shows 2 of them as being PDF files.
I think this might be the result of an "undocumented feature" in v0.3 ;-)

When you receive v0.4 later this afternoon (BST) please let me know how you get on.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:37 AM   #90
acolegate
Kindle App Developer

Kindle Collection Manager v0.4 is ready for beta testing!

Hi everyone,

Firstly I'd like to thank you and the hundreds of other MobileRead.com forum users who signed-up for the beta program. I've had really positive feedback and some great suggestions for the next version. Some of which have been incorporated into this new version.

Changes and enhancements in v0.4

This is the one everyone's been asking about...

The big feature that's occupied most of my time between v0.3 and v0.4 has been adding support for all Kindle-compatible DRM files. To this end, the app now supports PDF, MOBI, AZW, AZW1, PRC and TPZ files (phew!)

There have also been some cosmetic enhancements including a new look button bar, new look dialogues, an "about" box, and an "options" form.

I've also changed the Kindle detection code which previously prevented the app from starting if the Kindle had never had a collection created before ;-) Also, the commit and eject functions have been tweaked and the dialogue boxes simplified.

Become part of the beta team and download the app

I've set up a website for the app so the latest version can be downloaded. I'll be adding features to the site including more detailed instructions, FAQs and screenshots etc.

http://www.Colegate.net/KindleCollectionManager

Feedback

I would value any comments you have about the app including...
  • It's look and feel.
  • Any problems or errors you see.
  • Any changes or enhancements you'd like to see in the app.
  • How you're using the app and how you benefit from it.
Forthcoming features in v0.5
  • Add an indicator to show if a file is already a member of a collection.
  • Show number of files / items in a collection in brackets after the folder / collection name with an option to turn on off item count suffix for folders / collections.
  • Multi-select items in trees.
  • Add a "Sync" button that synchronises folders and their contents into collections.
  • File / folder management
    • Create folder (creates folder on the device)
    • Rename folder (renames folder on the device)
    • Delete folder (deletes the folder and its contents from the device)
    • Drop a file into a folder from outside the app (adds a file to the device)
    • Rename file in a folder (renames file on the device)
  • Add support for MP3 files.

Future investigations
  • See if the order of items in collections can be set.
  • See if the installer can uninstall a previous version automatically.
  • Look into how Calibre plugins work and see whether the app could be built as a plugin.

Tags
collection manager, collections, kindle, kindle 2, kindle 3, kindle dx, manager