Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 06-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Blog post: Readings PDFs on Portables

I wrote a blog post the other day on the PhilTeX blog, which is a blog for Academics in Philosophy, especially those interested in LaTeX and other tools for typesetting their work. However, I think most of the post could be interesting to a wider audience, and it relies very heavily on information I've learned, and tools I've acquired, from the MobileRead community.

PhilTeX: Reading PDFs on Portables

Any and all feedback, criticism and additional suggestions are welcome.
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 04:26 PM   #2
Pranananda
Connoisseur
Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.Pranananda is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: ipad, iPod touch, JetBook Lite
Very nice exposition of the various open source options for dealing with PDF. Thanks for the mention of PDFReflow.
Pranananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
sooraj
sooraj began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 2
Latex typesetting was awesome. Has some issues with amssymb probably they both define same name or sth like that.
sooraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:20 PM   #4
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Yeah, I think there's an incompatibility of that sort between mathdesign and amsfonts (which is loaded by amssymb). If you load mathdesign before the AMS packages, then it won't compile at all. I think you just need to load the AMS packages before mathdesign, and it should compile (albeit perhaps with some warnings).
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote