Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-27-2010, 10:31 AM   #91
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How does someone receiving a new reader belong in news & commentary?
There is no Onyx sub-forum (pending web site reorg from what I've heard) - therefore discussions go where they start
Why is this a problem?
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:49 AM   #92
luag
Zealot
luag began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
@JSWolf: I also wrote a review about my purchase?
(commentary)

And yes, when I wanted to post this, I couldn't find Onyx sub-forum, but I found another Boox review thread in the News & Commentary as well. So I posted this here.
luag is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2010, 05:06 PM   #93
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ιη.σιγ.ηιφι.κα
Could somebody please check if the new firmware (1.2.2) supports DJVU format?
dioib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #94
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
it would not open the djvu file I have on the device for testing
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:13 PM   #95
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ιη.σιγ.ηιφι.κα
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
it would not open the djvu file I have on the device for testing
Thank you for the input; I still have to wait for it (and black color as well).
dioib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2010, 11:15 AM   #96
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Does anybody know if the Boox will connect to an ad-hoc wifi hotspot, such as that generated by a cell-phone tethering app or a dedicated device such as the Myfi?
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:31 PM   #97
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
i haven't tried but I'd assume so. i'll see if i can find a chance to try it out.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:42 AM   #98
luag
Zealot

Aw crap... It hasn't even been a month and this happened to my boox:

I'm so disappointed
Old 02-03-2010, 08:47 AM   #99
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by luag View Post
Aw crap... It hasn't even been a month and this happened to my boox:

I'm so disappointed
is that line still there if you go back to the menu and then back to the book? It might be ghosting...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:58 AM   #100
luag
Zealot

Yes
And I think the line got thicker today...
Probably 2-5 pixel thick now, the lowest battery bar is almost gone.

Edit: I took the photo yesterday.

Last edited by luag; 02-03-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 10:26 AM   #101
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
Yes
And I think the line got thicker today...
Probably 2-5 pixel thick now, the lowest battery bar is almost gone.

Edit: I took the photo yesterday.
If it's not a scratch, I would think that would be covered by the warranty.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:28 AM   #102
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Yes, that'd be my thought too. Return it under waranty.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 10:39 AM   #103
luag
Zealot

I've contacted the distributor here. He sent the photo to onyx and they said that this is the first case of this happening. So they are going to send my unit back to the factory, and replace mine with a new one
Old 02-03-2010, 10:48 AM   #104
lionel47
Addict
lionel47 doesn't litterlionel47 doesn't litter

Device: B&N Nook, Nook Color
Quote:
I've contacted the distributor here. He sent the photo to onyx and they said that this is the first case of this happening. So they are going to send my unit back to the factory, and replace mine with a new one
Excellent. They might get my business yet.
lionel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:16 AM   #105
tommik
Connoisseur
tommik began at the beginning.

Device: Poke Pro, Onyx Boox 60
I think that this defect could be more widespread. Actually, I have already heard about one such a case before. It appeared also in the first month of using and that boox was also replaced.
tommik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, onyx