Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-01-2010, 12:54 AM   #1
glitrbug
glitrbug began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1
Need help with Screensaver hack please

I have a Kindle one and have followed the earlier instructions and get as far as open the screensaver book and then I lose the right silver thingy. The left one stays next to "screensaver" and nothing happens. It will stay that way until the old screensaver comes on. When I press Alt + aA the silver thingy circles around until I press home. The new screensaver book refuses to open. I checked in the hidden folders under screen_savers and it looks empty but if I go in through my computer, kindle, pictures, screensavers, the 600 X800 jpg is right where I put it. Any ideas? this is making me nuts.

I tried adding this to the end of an earlier thread but it refuses to post. Maybe my computer has been taken over by gremlins.
glitrbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:47 PM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
It's been a while since I've used the hack for Kindle 1 but I do have step-by-step instructions in the wiki. Check out the Kindle 1 Screen Saver Hack wiki page.

Let us know what happens.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert