Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-03-2009, 05:28 AM   #1
single650
single650 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Dialogue boxes too big for netbook

It seems churlish to criticise such a good product but I have found that on my netbook whick has the unusual screen ratio of 1024 x 600 the dialogue boxes go off screen at the bottom making it very difficult to acces the buttons

As a trivial update it would be good if they were scrollable or scaleable.

Thanks for a great product

Nigel
single650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 07:11 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
With the latest calibre releases they are both scrollable and scalable, and this change was made specifically for use on netbooks!

If there are dialogs any that Kovid has missed adding this behavior to, I am sure they will rapidly get fixed if you specify which ones.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2009, 07:49 AM   #3
single650

Configuration screen is off scale, Convert screen I cannot get to the buttons on the bottom.

I can't find any more at the moment.

Thanks for the reply

Nigel
Old 02-03-2009, 07:53 AM   #4
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by single650 View Post
Configuration screen is off scale, Convert screen I cannot get to the buttons on the bottom.

I can't find any more at the moment.

Thanks for the reply

Nigel
But they are scalable in the newest version?? Even LRF viewer works with space now
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 08:00 AM   #5
single650

I have 0.4.132 which was updated at the weekend. If I'm out of date I'm sorry.

On my version I can't see the bottom of the main screen either.

I guess I'll check my version at the main site
Advert
Old 02-03-2009, 08:05 AM   #6
single650

Mea Culpa

I'm a version out of date, I'll load it immediately

Thanks

Nigel
Old 02-03-2009, 08:30 AM   #7
single650

I have just loaded 4.133 and I still can't see the bottom of the GUI front page.

Convert books is off scale as is configuration.

Sorry
Old 02-03-2009, 08:57 AM   #8
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The default size might be larger than the Netbook screen, but they are now re-sizeable, so have you tried re-sizing them to fit? The configuration screen can only be shrink so far, but it looks as though it is less than 600 pixels high when the height is reduced to the minimum allowed.

One enhancement request I can see being requested is for Calibre to remember the size of dialogs when they were last used, and then opening them at that size rather than the default.

Last edited by itimpi; 02-03-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:22 AM   #9
single650

This is probably so but I can't get to the bottom where the resize selector is as I can only move the screen by dragging on the top bar which goes off screen.

I can just get on the tops of the buttons if I hide the quick start bar, but.....

Remembering a resize would be a great enhancement.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #10
itimpi
Wizard

I can resize by draggin the top down. I think you can resize from any edge that you can get to.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:00 AM   #11
single650

Ah!! Doh!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 12:42 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The configuration dialog has not been adjusted for small screens, but IIRC its height is less than 600 pixels. All the other dialogs are freely resizable and they should open up initially with a height less that the available height as reported by the OS. What operating system do you have on your netbook?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 05:19 AM   #13
single650

Thanks for the reply. I have XP home SP3

Nigel
Old 02-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #14
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
And can you post a screenshot of one of the dialogs not working properly?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 07:16 AM   #15
single650

I'll do my best. Although the netbook is off line at the moment