Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-24-2017, 10:29 PM   #16
bcbane
bcbane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
SOLVED:

I used PlayOnMac to install 7zip and was able to use that program to extract the file. It gave me a new file called `data` with no extension. I had to then use 7zip to extract that file and it finally gave me the folder with voice in it.

The other part of the instructions that was a little different on mac is that when running the kindletool in the command console in mac you need to run a command like this from the folder where both the kindletool and the voyage.bin file are located

`./kindletool extract voyage.bin extractionFolder`
bcbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:49 PM   #17
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by usq_charles View Post
Hi everyone!

1st thread here!

I got the usb to audio combo, and connect it to the voyage. When connected, it comes a window with female voice: Voice files not detected.

I've download update_voice_kindle_voyage.bin (130 MB (136,378,061 bytes))

and copied to kindle folder and restarted the voyage as per procedures in https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=202006400.

after the update, the 130mb bin had gone and still no voice folder in the kindle (only activesandbox and documents folder)

I wonder if sth was wrong here, or whether i could find/download the voice folder like the ones in kpw3 (I've owned one but decided to upgrade to voyage within 2 weeks, silly me didn't backup the voice file)

Thanks for ur advice!
For anyone who wants to know WHY the update does not work, and just disappears after ejecting the kindle.

Amazon put in some protections into newer software version, to prevent being able to use older install packages ( some of which are what let us jailbreak ).

The problem is that the voice view packages are that same type!

So amazons updated protections broke these install packages for the voice updates.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2017, 12:02 AM   #18
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Well, the vv files are the same for all device models, so it is reasonable they would use the non-model locked package.

Too bad the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing.

So they can either remove the three line change that blocked both the factory firmware packages (intended) and the VV file package (un-intended) or they can start building eight model-locked, VV packages.

All they have to do is decide if they would rather have VV on the Kindles or continue to block our add-ins.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:48 AM   #19
bcbane
bcbane began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
This is the 7-zip project recommended implementation for MacOSx:
http://www.kekaosx.com/en/

A few minutes to download, and then you will have access to 7zip.
Unfortunately Keka isn't able to extract that kind of file, but the windows version of 7zip was. It's weird because they are using the same code base
bcbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 07:11 AM   #20
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbane View Post
Unfortunately Keka isn't able to extract that kind of file, but the windows version of 7zip was. It's weird because they are using the same code base
Get the version I linked to -
It says in the reading of the right hand column that it does decompress xz compression.
Your problem is most likely local to your device.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
kindle voyage