Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-22-2015, 03:04 PM   #1
KatieKaliber
KatieKaliber began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2015
Question Update Kindle Paperwhite reading progress to goodreads

Hi fellow story lovers,

I just recently got myself a Kindle and I've got the goodreads app on it, but I can't update my progress from calibre, nor can I share highlighted sentences to goodreads, I think because the books are sideloaded. I've read that I could fix the ASIN via the quality check plugin and should make the book look like it's bought on amazon, but I really can't figure it out. I've updated the metadata as far as I know.

Thanks in advance!
KatieKaliber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 03:32 AM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Make sure you have an "amazon:B00xxxxxxx"-style identifier in the calibre metadata. Then use the Fix ASIN option in Quality Check.

Afterwards, the book options should have a no-longer-grayed-out Book Details link to the Amazon product page, indicating that it was successfully linked.
I believe it will also be linked through the Goodreads integration. (I have nevertested it myself, as I don't have a Goodreads-enabled device.)
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2015, 04:56 PM   #3
KatieKaliber

Thanks for your reply (:

When i paste the asin number from amazon into the ids box, it just disappears when I click ok. Is there another step I should take?
Old 08-24-2015, 05:04 PM   #4
KatieKaliber

aaah, i had to type ASIN: and then the number and then fix it. Thanks for your explanation! It's working now (:
Old 08-24-2015, 05:10 PM   #5
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
"amazon" and "asin" are both valid identifier types for the Quality Check plugin.

As you have correctly deduced, all identifiers must be prefixed with an identifier type. Since there are many different types of identifier out there, an identifier without a type is meaningless.
The exception is ISBN -- it has a button to automatically add the contents of the clipboard with an "isbn:" prefix.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2016, 06:04 AM   #6
amz3107
amz3107 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I can't make this work for me, does any one have any other ideas that might help?
amz3107 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, goodreads, plugin, quality check, update