Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #181
fauxpas
Connoisseur
fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW
No update on the tracking website so far and haven't received my case yet. It's starting to annoy me a bit.. seller isn't to blame, just a case of bad luck.

If it isn't here by Monday, I'll probably open a dispute on aliexpress because it says that shipping time will be between 15 and 40 days. Again, not their fault, but I'm running out of patience.

Actually thought about ordering one from ebay.de but they only have they newer ones with a magnet closure (and the ugly back )
fauxpas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #182
Scarpad
Addict
Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Scarpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I bit the bullet and just got the Amazon official Case, I wanted the PW to be as light as possible, a complete 180 that I did when I just got my 8.9 Kindle Fire HD, I bought an Otterbox and I love it, it make it quite a bit heavier, but I tend to drop my tablets when I'm tired late at night so its worth it, and the otterbox was only 15 bucks more than Amazon's Official cover for the HD
Scarpad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2013, 05:06 PM   #183
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxpas View Post
No update on the tracking website so far and haven't received my case yet. It's starting to annoy me a bit.. seller isn't to blame, just a case of bad luck.

If it isn't here by Monday, I'll probably open a dispute on aliexpress because it says that shipping time will be between 15 and 40 days. Again, not their fault, but I'm running out of patience.

( )
I believe Aliexpress said when I ordered mine that they don't charge you until the item is delivered.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #184
fauxpas
Connoisseur
fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fauxpas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yup, but if it actually does get delivered, I'll of course have to pay Although I probably could sell it on ebay without much if any loss. I'm still probably gonna wait until Monday and then see what happens on aliexpress. Although the 20€ of amazon credit on my account kind of make me want to order the amazon case.. but then I'd feel stupid cause I could've gotten that a month ago :P
Old 01-03-2013, 05:39 PM   #185
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxpas View Post
but then I'd feel stupid cause I could've gotten that a month ago :P
lol! I've felt stupid so many times, I don't worry about it much anymore. Sure seems like that one from China must be lost.
Advert
Old 01-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #186
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarpad View Post
I bit the bullet and just got the Amazon official Case, I wanted the PW to be as light as possible, ...
The ebay case that this thread is about is substantially smaller and lighter than the official cover.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:53 AM   #187
Tijdelijk
Tijdelijk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Just bumped into this cover:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Premium-Te...item3a7c6d899e

It has the same sort of texture on the front as the original cover and it looks quite good to be honest.

Does anybody have experience withbthis cover?
Tijdelijk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #188
fauxpas
Connoisseur

That does look pretty good! You can certainly see a difference between the official cover and this one concerning the quality, but it doesn't seem to be too bad.

And with delivery from the UK being pretty reliable, I might actually order it. Although I'd love to hear from someone who already owns one.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:58 PM   #189
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tijdelijk View Post
Just bumped into this cover:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Premium-Te...item3a7c6d899e

It has the same sort of texture on the front as the original cover and it looks quite good to be honest.

Does anybody have experience withbthis cover?
Great find! They even have a real red!! The first pic is a bit of a scam: it looks like they stole the Amazon cover graphics from amazon.com, since these cases clealy do not have the colorful border around the device (which is a good thing!)
Old 01-06-2013, 08:05 PM   #190
xendula
eBookworm

Here is another one, super cheap (under $7), cute for younger girls.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #191
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
ooohhh, pretty. definitely girly though.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:15 PM   #192
sitrucz
Connoisseur
sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Apple iPad Mini
I recently purchased this alternative case for my Paperwhite.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281031898366...84.m1497.l2649

Overall I like the case in how slim it is but the magnet is very weak and the cover sometimes doesn’t stay closed.
sitrucz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #193
jscris
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitrucz View Post
I recently purchased this alternative case for my Paperwhite.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281031898366...84.m1497.l2649

Overall I like the case in how slim it is but the magnet is very weak and the cover sometimes doesn’t stay closed.
Afaik, the magnet on that case is only for the sleep/wake function. It does not have a magnet to hold the cover closed. I have the same case from another Ebay seller.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #194
sitrucz
Connoisseur
sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.sitrucz writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, Apple iPad Mini
Since I've had the case on for a couple hours it seems to have molded closed. I'm happy with the case. I don't know how this case compares to the Amazon case.
sitrucz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #195
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by sitrucz View Post
Since I've had the case on for a couple hours it seems to have molded closed. I'm happy with the case. I don't know how this case compares to the Amazon case.
It compares to Amazon in a way that it is a lot cheaper. It is also not as big (footprint wise). If you are happy with it, it really doesn't matter how it compares to the Amazon cover.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote