Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-24-2012, 02:01 PM   #1
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
table of contents that works on K3 but not on KT?

Is it possible that there are certain types of tables of contents that the old K3 can read, navigate and use to jump to a specific chapter, but the KT can't?

I have a book which doesn't have chapter markers that enable me to use the chapter forward/backward command. But I can go to the table of contents, where I can navigate & jump to chapters on the K3. But on the KT I can only look at the TOC. If I click on the chapter headings, the KT doesn't jump to that chapter.

Or is there some other way you have to navigate that TOC on a Kindle Touch?
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@franklekens: You're confusing the HTML (inline) TOC and the logical NCX TOC.

The HTML TOC is just that, a bunch of html links on a page, which is what you're referring to.

The NCX TOC, on the other hand, is what's responsible for the chapter 'notches' in the progress bar on the K3 (and the next/prev chapter skipping), and the detailed Go To > Table Of Contents popup listing on the Touch.

TL;DR: Your book is missing a proper NCX TOC.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2012, 03:10 PM   #3
franklekens
Addict
franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franklekens ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Sage, Elipsa, Onyx Note2, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Keyboard
Okay, but what I really meant was: is there any way to click on those html links on the Kindle Touch. Because you can on the K3.

But I've just found out that a quick double tap on the links does take me to the corresponding chapter, sort of. Apparently the links are sloppy, because the KT tends to take me to the second page of each chapter. (The K3 neatly takes me to the start of the chapter, though. In that respect I still prefer the K3.)
franklekens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:57 PM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@franklekens: I don't especially remember ever having trouble 'clicking' links on the Touch... And I don't remember ever having to do a double sort-tap to follow one :?

Might be the usual mobi shortcoming of linking in the middle of a tag, if it's a mobi6? (Check the numerous threads about this in the Mobi forum).

As always, if you can, a short excerpt of the offending part of the code might help answer those questions .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote