Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-11-2011, 06:30 AM   #1
BartB
BartB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
how do I span more than one line with regex

G'day,

I've trolled through the forum and looked elsewhere for the the magic switch that will allow me to collect the text between, say for example, <head> and </head>. I can get the regex to collect when all is on one line but, according to my searching, I need to tell Sigil to allow the dot to collect the newlines as well. How do I do that?

I am using <head>(.*?)</head> to do the finding and the collection.
BartB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:32 AM   #2
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Search for <head>(.+)</head> with "Regular Expression" and "Minimal matching" selected.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
BartB
BartB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Thanks Pablo,

That worked. I note that I had to drop the "?". I'll need to study the Sigil manual and other references a bit more to understand why so that I can let others know if the future. Just in case you aren't around
BartB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 05:12 PM   #4
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BartB View Post
Thanks Pablo,

That worked. I note that I had to drop the "?". I'll need to study the Sigil manual and other references a bit more to understand why so that I can let others know if the future. Just in case you aren't around
I'm glad it worked. If you look for information, bear in mind that Sigil uses Qt regular expressions.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote