Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-25-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
baronrus
Addict
baronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with othersbaronrus plays well with others

Device: KO, KW, and KT
kobo management strategy

Over the past few months with the variouse updates to the firmware I have been reading threads from folks with conerns about corrupt data base and having to do a factory reset and reload their books.

Although I havn't had many problems with the new updates I have corrupted my DB file on a number of occasions by not ejecting the reader before I unplugged it.

One strategy that has worked well for me is to use calibre to load the books onto an sd card and not the main memory that way if the db should become corrupt or you have to do a hard or factory reset and lose all your books all you have to do is plug the sd card in and your kobo will rebuild the data base. you will lose any bookmarks but it is handy to do it this way if you are not near the computer with all of your books on it.

anyway this strategy has worked well for me a couple of times in the last few months so i thought that I would share it and perhaps save someone else the angst of having to re sideload all of their books.
baronrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 04:34 PM   #2
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
Quote:
Originally Posted by baronrus View Post

anyway this strategy has worked well for me a couple of times in the last few months so i thought that I would share it and perhaps save someone else the angst of having to re sideload all of their books.
nice. that is a good idea, i've been putting them on and had to factory reset twice but i don't have a lot of books on there.
definitely a good way for people to keep everything loaded and not have to load them all through calibre or other programs.

i keep mine in the library on calibre so it's not hard after a factory reset but good that the option is there.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert