Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 03-07-2011, 09:25 PM   #1
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Android overtakes Blackberry

Google's (GOOG) smartphone platform, Android, has overtaken that of Research in Motion's (RIMM) BlackBerry as the most popular in the U.S., according to a ComScore report released Monday.

For the three-month period from November to January, Android's U.S.market share jumped to 31% from 24% in the previous three months, which ended in October, ComScore says. BlackBerry's share fell to 30% from 36% over the same time period, while Apple's (AAPL) share remained steady at 25%, according to the research firm.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/co...arit/19871359/
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2011, 01:23 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Wow that is a pretty impressive growth rate. In a year in 3mo Android went from the smallest market share, even smaller than Microsoft, to the top.

Even though Verizon's iPhone launch was a failure, not bringing in the kind of sales Verizon and Apple expected, I'd like to see this study redone included the sales figure from the launch.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Great perhaps my company will give me a android phone. Personally I could careless which one I use as long as it does the job I need it to do.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote