Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 01-07-2011, 09:54 PM   #46
travfar
Groupie
travfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: laptop
To those who've gotten it from Kohl's, you've heard from the Kohl's employees that these have been "recalled" by Pandigital. Here's why. Looks like they are going to remarket them as full Android tablets and not just ereaders. At least we'll get official support for future releases now.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/06/p...lets-hands-on/
travfar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:58 AM   #47
WillysJeepMan
Guru
WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillysJeepMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, KFHD7, GTab 8.4 Pro, iPadAir 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by travfar View Post
To those who've gotten it from Kohl's, you've heard from the Kohl's employees that these have been "recalled" by Pandigital. Here's why. Looks like they are going to remarket them as full Android tablets and not just ereaders. At least we'll get official support for future releases now.

Yep... I already flashed mine with that firmware... very nice. But I needed to apply the volkey patch since some apps go fullscreen (which obscures the softkeys in the notification bar).
WillysJeepMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 05:57 PM   #48
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
Quote:
Do not show them the receipt. All that is on the receipt is a UPC and price. The UPC from Kohl's is different from BBB. It will be meaningless at best or will give them reason to deny at worst.

For those with a Dillard's in the neighborhood. You can try PMing there as well. The UPC for the one they sell at Dillard's is the same as Kohl's so the receipt will come in handy. Dillard's has a $20 rebate so it's $40AR.

Ok....here's the story....
Went to BBB.....the sales lady could not confirm (by calling Kohls) that the price was $59.99 (the people at Kohls were confused, even when I was there buying my first one....over the phone they told her the price was $199.....

However, the BBB saleslady told me that if I had a receipt, and the box and showed it to her, they would match it.....

So, I just happened to have the box and receipt in my car from my purchase at Kohls the other nite.....she honored the price match.....and the wife also had a 20% off coupon.....the sales lady told me I was even luckier, there's also a $30 rebate.... (she said she's going to buy one now too)

so I bought 2......walked out with 2 Novels costing $103.82 after tax.... (not including the mail in rebates)

Basically I walked out of BBB with 2 Novels for $43.82 (after rebates - Limit 2) $21.92 each

Now I've got 1 for the wife, and 1 as a birthday gift for my mom (who is somewhat computer illiterate), but even if it's only a picture frame for her, it's a great deal..... I'm sure I'll be able to help her understand how to use it though....and my Dad just happened to recently get wireless.....
of course, it'll have to be rooted though

Now I'll return the one I bought at Kohls, for $48 (after 20% coupon).....Although my wife wants to let her friend go and get a couple more....using the same method I just used (they had over 20 in BBB)

And get those rebate forms in.....

Thank you very much travfar
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:16 PM   #49
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Went to BBB.....the sales lady could not confirm (by calling Kohls) that the price was $59.99 (the people at Kohls were confused, even when I was there buying my first one....over the phone they told her the price was $199.....

However, the BBB saleslady told me that if I had a receipt, and the box and showed it to her, they would match it.....

So, I just happened to have the box and receipt in my car from my purchase at Kohls the other nite.....she honored the price match.....and the wife also had a 20% off coupon.....the sales lady told me I was even luckier, there's also a $30 rebate.... (she said she's going to buy one now too)

so I bought 2......walked out with 2 Novels costing $103.82 after tax.... (not including the mail in rebates)

Basically I walked out of BBB with 2 Novels for $43.82 (after rebates - Limit 2) $21.92 each

Now I've got 1 for the wife, and 1 as a birthday gift for my mom (who is somewhat computer illiterate), but even if it's only a picture frame for her, it's a great deal..... I'm sure I'll be able to help her understand how to use it though....and my Dad just happened to recently get wireless.....

Now I'll return the one I bought at Kohls, for $48 (after 20% coupon).....Although my wife wants to let her friend go and get a couple more....using the same method I just used (they had over 20 in BBB)

I brought my box and receipt (from Kohls) to BBB, but they denied me the price match because the UPC was different even though the boxes were exactly the same.
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:22 PM   #50
The Joker
Addict
The Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-booksThe Joker has learned how to read e-books

Device: NookColor.........rooted
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
I brought my box and receipt (from Kohls) to BBB, but they denied me the price match because the UPC was different even though the boxes were exactly the same.
Yeah.....I noticed the one at BBB had a 56 at the end of the model#....but the one at Kohls was missing the 56..... and a few other numbers that were different (almost identical though).....and I wasn't going to mention it

She didn't seem to pay much attention to the actual #'s, the boxes were identical......besides I think she was just as excited as me

It'll be interesting to see if my wife's friend can get the deal as well....
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2011, 06:57 PM   #51
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post

Great story Joker! Good for you! I was able to get a local Kohl's hold one for me at $59.99 on Thursday, then I took the spare one I bought before Christmas back today to Kohl's and got a credit for $144.xx (ha ha Kohl's)
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:02 PM   #52
bookratt
Wizard
bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookratt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS505 & PRS600, iPad, Pandigital Novel, iPad 2
Quote:

thanks for the article, I'm checking it out right now!
bookratt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 07:59 PM   #53
Zuly1201
Zuly1201 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook, Samsung Tablet, Kindle
I might go grab one! Just opened a Kohl's charge account during the holidays and they sent me a 15% off coupon!
Zuly1201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:31 AM   #54
travfar
Groupie
travfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguetravfar can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuly1201 View Post
I might go grab one! Just opened a Kohl's charge account during the holidays and they sent me a 15% off coupon!
Too late. The price is back up to $169.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:32 AM   #55
travfar
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookratt View Post
thanks for the article, I'm checking it out right now!
They've put the OS they showed at CES on the Pandigital servers. I installed it. With that, it's just an Android tablet. I tweaked mine to access the Market.
Old 01-14-2011, 09:56 AM   #56
RockdaMan
Banned
RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RockdaMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel, Kindle G1 (broken), iPod Touch
Quote:
They've put the OS they showed at CES on the Pandigital servers. I installed it. With that, it's just an Android tablet. I tweaked mine to access the Market.
Can you link to it, and can you tell us how you tweaked it to access the market?
RockdaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:08 PM   #57
travfar
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
Can you link to it, and can you tell us how you tweaked it to access the market?
I posted a link to it in the "Another new toy" thread.
Old 01-18-2011, 04:51 AM   #58
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Thanks for the thread here - one of my work buddies got one of these at Kohl's a couple of weeks ago and has been hacking it up.

It's no Nook Color, but at $60, it seems like a crazy good deal.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote