Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 06-26-2009, 05:45 AM   #16
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
I am going to get one of those.
I will try to buy it from Astak under the name EZ Reader Pocket Pro
If that does not work out, I will try my local Jinke distributor or directly from the Jinke site above.

Regarding the bank transfer they require:
International bank transfer fees are astronomical.
There is a service called www.paypay.com you can use to send money directly to many countries and fees are much lower than your local bank will offer to you.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 09:32 AM   #17
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpkeong View Post
Anyway, just to share one thing on pdf file reading. Whe it is enlarged enough to read (which is must better than V3), it will FIT to the screen
The standard V5 firmware will apparently include mobile Adobe Digital Editions, and so it will support DRMed ePub and PDF but not DRMed MOBI. I base this on the fact that both the EZ Reader Pocket Pro and the BeBook Mini will have ADE (although earler reports said that the BeBook Mini would have DRMed MOBI and therefore not include ADE).

Adobe Digital Editions is capable of reflowing PDFs, so how it handles PDFs on the V5 will be interesting to hear about. The Sony's have an early version of mobile Adobe Digital Editions, and you can compare their performance vs a V5 using Sony's Windows ebook Reader. This now emulates a PRS-700, except that the Windows version does not have the 700's zoom and landscape mode. One thing that Sony got wrong on the PRS-505/700 is that PDF margins are not trimmed in its full page view. We know that mobile ADE can do this, because the Kindle DX is using this approach.

Assuming it does have ADE, then a comparison of DRM-free PDFs, ePubs and MOBIs between the V3 and the V5 would be interesting.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:48 AM   #18
hpkeong
Heavy eBook User
hpkeong began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V8, V3, Fujitsu Tablet PC, EEE PC
Hi

We have a quick review for V5 and will be available soon at ebookreaderv.bloglspot.com by Sau Ying. The pdf 5x zoom works for most of th epdf file and it solves the problems of small fonts in most of the pdf file. I am sure those who sees the actual pdf zoom in will be happy with it. To emphasize, pdf file after zooming will FIT exactly into V5 screen (as we know, there is no such thing as scroll horizntallly). Moreover, for Chinese readers, the TTS function (Chinese Real time reading) is fantastic. It will read whatever chinese characters when the TTS function is on. It can read English, too but weird!
hpkeong is offline   Reply With Quote