Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-07-2013, 03:11 PM   #2056
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
CWatkinsNash

Nyssa

Pookeysgirl

Where are you?!

You don't want to know. But I'm around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What's the the recurring spam?

Yes, Skin Game has to do with this thread, but the other book has nothing to do with it. Please don't keep counting down every day or even every other day.

If you want to do a count that changes, put it in your signature and just edit the signature. That would not be spam and that would work to get the message out in every message you've posted.
Think of this as a clubhouse for Dresden fans. As such, people will discuss other things they enjoy reading while waiting for something Dresden-y to talk about. This is not new in this thread, and I don't believe it should be discouraged. You obviously feel otherwise.

TL;dr - Really???
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:19 PM   #2057
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
You don't want to know. But I'm around.
I'd like to know. I've always been a bit curious.

Quote:
Think of this as a clubhouse for Dresden fans. As such, people will discuss other things they enjoy reading while waiting for something Dresden-y to talk about. This is not new in this thread, and I don't believe it should be discouraged. You obviously feel otherwise.
I'm not discouraging it. In fact, I gave a suggestion how it would not come across as repeating spam and be seen by more people more often.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #2058
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'd like to know. I've always been a bit curious.
I've been on the Normandy, exploring the galaxy and kicking butt. (Playing the Mass Effect video game series.)

Quote:
I'm not discouraging it. In fact, I gave a suggestion how it would not come across as repeating spam and be seen by more people more often.
I specifically said "discuss". Signatures are not discussion. Signatures are like that building down the street that you see every day but couldn't describe if your life depended on it. It's like taking a plot point and moving it into the footnotes. It's like...

Okay, the analogy train ran out of steam.

Hmmm... Steam... I should see if Steam has any good games on sale this week.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #2059
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Space, the final frontier...

Quote:
You don't want to know. But I'm around...

...TL;dr - Really???
Sure I do! ...er what's 'TL;dr'?

Quote:
I've been on the Normandy, exploring the galaxy and kicking butt. (Playing the Mass Effect video game series.)...
Well, I certainly hope you're enjoying your deep space sojourn. Speaking of a space sojourn, have you read Hugh Howey's Molly Fyde books (The Bern Saga), there are four of them and they're quite economically priced in ebook formats.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #2060
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Sure I do! ...er what's 'TL;dr'?

Well, I certainly hope you're enjoying your deep space sojourn. Speaking of a space sojourn, have you read Hugh Howey's Molly Fyde books (The Bern Saga), there are four of them and they're quite economically priced in ebook formats.

TL;dr = Too Long; didn't (or don't) read. Also known as the Teal Deer.

No, I haven't read the Molly Fyde series. I don't read much scifi except for Earth-based stuff. I do have the first in the series but I haven't looked at it yet.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #2061
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Almost too much data!
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:57 PM   #2062
frahse
occasional author
frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frahse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Wandering God's glorious hills, valleys and plains.
Device: A Franklin BI (before Internet) was the first. I still have it.
Quote:
You sure do write succinct posts.

I have gathered that our friend forsooth is learning the language. Witness his signature.
frahse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:10 AM   #2063
forsooth
tec montage
forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.forsooth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindles, lenovo, chromebook, mobiles
Quote:
: unaired pilot (titled The Dresden Files), which is 84 minutes long. I believe that the copies of the pilot that are on the internet were recorded from a later broadcast of the [previously] unaired pilot.

Yes (1:24:14) long
forsooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:04 AM   #2064
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
I've been on the Normandy, exploring the galaxy and kicking butt. (Playing the Mass Effect video games
Say hi to Garrus for me.
You playing as Femshep or male Shepard?
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #2065
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Say hi to Garrus for me.
You playing as Femshep or male Shepard?
Femshep, in a wonderful romance with Garrus. This is my first playthrough of the series. I think I'm about 2/3 through ME3 now.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:27 PM   #2066
AlbertaCowboy
Guru
AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlbertaCowboy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, PRS-650, iPhone 6, NVIDIA Shield K1
Quote:
Femshep, in a wonderful romance with Garrus. This is my first playthrough of the series. I think I'm about 2/3 through ME3 now.
I must admit that I cried a lil when it was over. I never before got so involved with a game series.
Give me a Turian sniper as a wingman and I'll take on the Reapers myself.
AlbertaCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #2067
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
I must admit that I cried a lil when it was over. I never before got so involved with a game series.
Give me a Turian sniper as a wingman and I'll take on the Reapers myself.
So true! I can't think of a better way to pass time while waiting for the next Dresden.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #2068
taosaur
intelligent posterior
taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taosaur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Samsung S8, Lenovo Tab 3 Pro
Goodreads tells me the next Iron Druid book comes out toward the end of this month.
taosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:44 AM   #2069
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Book Review: Grave Peril by Jim Butcher

Quote:
Aug 12, 2011 - Sorry, I know this was a very short and not so great review. But, I LOVED this book! So far its my favorite of the Dresden Files. Basically this book involves the un-dead, Vampires and Ghosts. Harry Dresden is a Wizard in a modern world, working with a modern Paladin against these undead.

The Dresden Files is my 'brain candy' of books and a perfect get away from your typical fantasy. I definately reccomend. 10/10

Don't forget to contact me:

Follow me on Twitter:
Find me on Facebook:
Ask me questions on Formspring:
E-mail me at:
izhappyluv@yahoo.com
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:27 PM   #2070
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
I have only read the first book in the series. I really want to read the rest but unfortunately long book series always put me off. Something I’m not particularly fond of.
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy series, magic, supernatural, the dresden files, urban fantasy