Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-29-2012, 09:10 PM   #1
WombatSnoozes
WombatSnoozes began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Custom Colums - editing options/tag listings for use therein

Calibre (and these forums) are driving me crazy at the moment.

Someone, somewhere, has undoubtably posted the answer to this but I cannot find it - or if I have found it, it isn't making sense to me. I am definately having a 'bear of little brain' week.

I have added the four following columns: Genre, Shelf, Favourite and Source, (and feeling chuffed I got that far).

Is there (well, there must be!) a way to edit the options available for use in these? For example, edit 'Fictoin' to 'Fiction'? Preferably one simple enough for a frazzled beginner to understand without resorting to large amounts of hot chocolate and a brick to the head to accomplish?

For what its worth my eReader is a Kobo Touch (hence the Shelf colums which will hopefully transfer over) and there will be a couple of hundred books on it (yeah, I'm a reading addict - 3-4 fiction books a week is normal for me) which is why I need the organising - plus there's study materials, references etc
WombatSnoozes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 11:05 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
First thing is that the word Tag has two usages in Calibre - a Tag as in a Keyword, and a more generic usage, where Tag means all the ways of 'labelling' a book - Author, Publisher, Series... and of course Tags (as in keywords) - it took me ages to figure that out.

First thing is to make sure the Tag Browser is showing - it should be on the left, if not click on the icon that looks like a luggage tag in bottom right corner.

To Change "Fictoin" to "Fiction" - locate "Fictoin" in the Tag Browser, right click it. At the top you'll see "Rename Fictoin", click it, change it to "Fiction" (its an in-line edit) and you're done.

There are 2 other ways I can think of to do that, and there probably others - but that's the way I'd do it.

Good luck BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote