Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 04-21-2012, 07:50 PM   #1
daledaj
daledaj began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
Help with Laser EB720

I recently purchased a Laser EB720 ebook reader. This has been, thus far fairly impressive. I like the color screen, and the multi-format capability. But there are two problems that I cannot seem to get a handle on. I have gotten several assists from the tech support at the Laser Web site, but there are two that I just cannot seem to get any help with. Even Calibre has added the EB720 to their list...although it shows up as a PICO, (I don't even know what that is..it does not show up un their lists when you convert ebooks)

1. Chapter Links do not work. I do not know why. I have tried books from a couple different sources, including Sony Bookstore and Kobo. And the links work fine in Adobe Editions, in the default calibre viewer, and on my Sony ereader (PRS-600) It is apparently reading links...but when you press one, it just defaults back to (usually) the first page, or the TOC page. I have NEVER gotten a chapter link to work.

2. When I add a book, the reader has to update its library. Fair enough. The problem is that is does not always update...a new book I put on shows up, but when you try to open it, nothing (literally) happens. Only after the library updates can you open a book.

So I am wondering if anybody has a Laser reader, if they have experienced similar problems, and what the fix is?

Thank You in advance for your assistance.
daledaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:46 PM   #2
jessy
jessy began at the beginning.

Device: Laser EB720
Hi did you fix your problem, I also have the same thing happening.
jessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #3
daledaj
daledaj began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505
Kind of.

On the bottom of the reader are some icons. (letters, pencil, etc) Touch the one that looks like 3 little lines, and it takes you to a table of contents.

That said, there is still a problem with footnotes and chapter notes. I cannot get them to work. As I read some history books and the like, this is a major problem. I get around it by reading those types of books only on my laptop, or my SONY PRS. Most of my reading however (sci-fi, classics, fiction, etc) is on my Laser. I really do like this little gem. The exception is pdf books/mags. Laser is much better for them overall, so I just have to deal with the footnote thing.

The other problem I have is 'resetting'. When you put a book in, to open it, the reader must reset itself. It does not always do this, and I am trying to figure out how to manually get it to do this. Most times (but not always) this is accomplished by using Adobe Editions, & loading the book via that program. But this is a pain, especially I I want to load a specific collection, or folder.

Minor annoying crap...but I can't complain too awful much given the flexability of the Laser, and the cost (it was under 100.00...very inexpensive in comparison)
daledaj is offline   Reply With Quote