Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 09-21-2011, 06:20 AM   #1
ricardo123
ricardo123 began at the beginning.

Device: Handspring Visor
Does usb mains override aa batteries on JBL?

I know the jbl won't recharge my duracells, but I just want to know that I can leave them, so to speak, dormant or inactive when I am reading off the usb mains and the jbl won't draw a charge from them. Am I correct?
ricardo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:41 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardo123 View Post
I know the jbl won't recharge my duracells, but I just want to know that I can leave them, so to speak, dormant or inactive when I am reading off the usb mains and the jbl won't draw a charge from them. Am I correct?
Yes, but use a usb power supply or a modified usb cable from your PC.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
I don't think the USB port will power a jetBook Lite. Even if plugged in, the USB cable is communication only and all power comes off the internal AA batteries.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #4
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven522 View Post
I don't think the USB port will power a jetBook Lite. Even if plugged in, the USB cable is communication only and all power comes off the internal AA batteries.
Tahe JBL works very well without batteries using a usb power supply.

Please refer to the Ectaco Forum.

http://www.ectaco.com/posts/list/60637.page#67671

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:01 PM   #5
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
As to the effect on the battery's charge while using the USB cable's power pins to
power the JBL, I have no idea. It could be that it would even keep the batteries
from experiencing their normal small amount of "self-discharge", or not.

4 x 1.2v = 4.8v I doubt that the JBL's current draw would drop the 5v from the USB
connection, to something under 4.8v. So, even if the batteries could supply the full
4.8v, they would not be what the JBL would see as a power source.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote