Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-23-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
DanielJG
DanielJG began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3g
CLI vs GUI html2mobi with image - bug?

Hi everyone,

I been batch converting some word files using abi word to save as html then calibre to convert to mobi using a small bat script suggested on these forums.
for %%I in (*.doc) do "C:\Program Files (x86)\AbiWord\bin\AbiWord.exe" --to=html "%%I"
for %%I in (*.html) do "C:\Program Files (x86)\Calibre2\ebook-convert.exe" "%%I" "%%~nI.mobi"

However I have hit a small bump. I have a word file with a picture at the top of the 1st page. It converts fine to html and when I use the GUI it also converts well to mobi using the image as a cover page (which is fine by me).
However when I use the above script I get a mobi that when added to Calibre shows nothing but the image (ie. there is only one page and all the text is missing) in the ebook viewer. The Mobi files differ in size by 12 bytes 53.556 vs. 53544 (the larger being the one not displayed properly in ebook viewer)

Both versions render fine when pushed to my Kindle. The problem only seems to be with Calibre's ebook viewer.
My conversion settings in the GUI are the default with Kindle output profile.
I have tried adding --output-profile=kindle (as well as --input-profile=default) to the above script but that doesn't seem to make a difference. If possible I would like some help to avoid this minor nuisance as I would like to be able to view the books from withing Calibre and while manually checking the .doc files for images and importing via the gui would work it defeats the purpose of a batch script.

Any inputs welcome.
Thanks.
Daniel

Last edited by DanielJG; 04-23-2012 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Compared wrong files they are in fact not identical
DanielJG is offline   Reply With Quote