Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 08-12-2018, 03:42 AM   #1
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
[DOCX ->EPUB] em-dash converts to triple minus

Windows 10 1703, Calibre 64 bit 3.29

em-dashes '' are being converted to triple minus hyphen '---'

Don't think I changed any settings

Sample attached

Can anyone confirm?

BR
Attached Files
File Type: zip test (571).zip (181.6 KB, 130 views)
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:40 AM   #2
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
Calibre 3.29 64Bit

The only way I end up with the triple dash is having "UnSmarten punctuation" enabled:
Convert > Look & Feel > Text
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-12-2018, 07:37 AM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyR View Post
Calibre 3.29 64Bit

The only way I end up with the triple dash is having "UnSmarten punctuation" enabled:
Convert > Look & Feel > Text
- that was it! How on earth did it get changed.

I didn't change it between Thursday's Configuration backup where it is unchecked and Friday's where it is checked - but I did install version 3.29 between the two.

I also lost some Editor Keyboard Shortcut customisations Ψ²

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote