Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-03-2016, 02:36 PM   #31
BrentB
Connoisseur
BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.BrentB can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I sure hope the new Voyages still have 5.6.5 firmware. I spilled a little coffee on mine last week and it is totally locked up. Have just had the jailbreak for about a month and loving the cover hack, and now it's gone. I will receive my replacement on Monday, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. The hard part will be putting all the sideloaded books back on the new one. I hadn't backed up the Voyage for a few months.

[EDIT]
New Voyage indeed still on 5.6.5 and I was able to jailbreak it!

Last edited by BrentB; 04-05-2016 at 04:22 PM.
BrentB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 01:37 PM   #32
bluen
Enthusiast
bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.bluen is less competitive than you.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
The Kindles are 'dual boot' systems.

Amazon updates (generally) only change the 'main' system.

The 'Rescue Pack' adds the ability to switch to the 'diags' system and connect with it using ssh over the USB cable.

Similar to the USBnetworking package does for the 'main' system.
If not familar with using that package, practice with it until your comfortable.
That way when you have to use ssh into the 'diags' system, you will be on known territory.

As long as KUAL/MrPI is still working, you can install the rescue pack (like: now, before you need it).
Thank! Installed rescue pack and will install cowards rescue pack on voyage.

With the new devices looming, am thinking though of sending back my voyage to Amazon and reverting to my jailbroken K3 3G which is now on the latest firmware. Is there a package like this for the K3 and do I need it?
bluen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2016, 02:14 PM   #33
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
The K3 can be debricked using USB Downloader mode e.g. using Kubrick.

Nothing fancy is needed, and anything that cannot be fixed with Kubrick would require hardware access to the serial port anyway.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote