Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 01-09-2015, 12:51 AM   #1
shagguar
shagguar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Question How root C67ML Android 4.2.2

Hi. I just got a C67ML (similar to Afterlight2) and want to know how get root. I checked in the forum and didnt get the answer.

Thx in advance
shagguar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 03:21 PM   #2
djrichard
djrichard began at the beginning.

Device: 8.5 x 11 android e-ink would be ideal
Here's what somebody posted on rooting "afterglow 2". I can't vouche for whether it's safe to apply to the C67ML.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...78#post3018678
djrichard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 04:01 AM   #3
eb00ker
Connoisseur
eb00ker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG / Onyx Boox M92 / M96 / C67 AFTERGLOW 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by shagguar View Post
Hi. I just got a C67ML (similar to Afterlight2) and want to know how get root. I checked in the forum and didnt get the answer.

Thx in advance
Check out: 'Root Master 1.3.6_Cekas_Fix.apk'

eb00ker
eb00ker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 01:20 PM   #4
shagguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb00ker View Post
Thanks i'll try that.
Another thing. I failed to install external APKs from Ext SD. Don't know why, but severaL apps didn't succeed on install (Msg: "Aplicacion no instalado" in spanish or "App not installed") Did i need to root it first to install downloaded APKs?
Old 01-11-2015, 03:10 PM   #5
eb00ker
Connoisseur
eb00ker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG / Onyx Boox M92 / M96 / C67 AFTERGLOW 2
Quote:
Thanks i'll try that.
Another thing. I failed to install external APKs from Ext SD. Don't know why, but severaL apps didn't succeed on install (Msg: "Aplicacion no instalado" in spanish or "App not installed") Did i need to root it first to install downloaded APKs?
did you allow; app installs from "unknown sources" ? (you'll find in settings -> Apps)
eb00ker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2015, 09:57 PM   #6
shagguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb00ker View Post
did you allow; app installs from "unknown sources" ? (you'll find in settings -> Apps)
Off course. Although this onyx does not have Gapps (Play Store) installed by default- Maybe that's the problem? Don't know, but several apk's didn't get installed from exterrnal sd. No errors reported, just (Application not installed) after process.
Old 01-12-2015, 06:36 AM   #7
dmeu
dmeu began at the beginning.

Device: tagus táctil 2015
gapps on your device

I downloaded some gapps-zips and the same has been happening to me.

Altough if I downloaded the apks from apkmirror etc I succeded installing the google login & google books following guides made for kindle with the difference that I didnt gain root on my device.

As for google store - it cannot connect to the server. I think it is because google play services stops immediately (I have no idea if the correct version of the google play services is installed.

It would be nice to know which exact version of the google play store & services are installed on the onyx boox that already are shipped with it.
dmeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2015, 01:50 PM   #8
shagguar

Well, i successfully rooted the device, but i still can't install most of APK's. Can't Install GooglePlay from Chelpus, FBreader, Moon Reader, Aptoide, CoolReader and many many misc APK's just for try.
Already set "unknown sources", click on APK, push "Install" and after secs a message saying "Application Not Installed" where normally should say "Application installed".

Don't know but is failing reall,. If anyone know, please submit the answer.

THX
Old 01-12-2015, 03:33 PM   #9
shagguar

SOLVED!

The error was on the SD card, was corrpted. So worked badly and the apk files were corrupted as
well. Now changed the SD card and all works perfect. Sorry for botherr.
Old 02-01-2015, 04:37 PM   #10
bagheera
bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: boyue t62d
is rooting unavoidable?

howdy,

is it possible to transfer google play apk file to the device then install it without rooting (as well as other apk files)?
bagheera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 10:28 AM   #11
shagguar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagheera View Post
howdy,

is it possible to transfer google play apk file to the device then install it without rooting (as well as other apk files)?
I think you need rooting to install Google Play, but you can give it a try. What i'm sure is that you can install External APK's, that's sure. Just download them from the stock browser or copy from a PC to Ext-SD. Off course, "Unknown sources" must be enabled first.
In the other hand, you can try another Android Markets like: Aptoide, GetJar, BlackMart, Amazon...
Old 02-03-2015, 11:13 AM   #12
bagheera
bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.bagheera can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: boyue t62d
Quote:
I think you need rooting to install Google Play, but you can give it a try. What i'm sure is that you can install External APK's, that's sure. Just download them from the stock browser or copy from a PC to Ext-SD. Off course, "Unknown sources" must be enabled first.
In the other hand, you can try another Android Markets like: Aptoide, GetJar, BlackMart, Amazon...
thanks for your answer. i think, if rooting is not mandatory to install applications, could buy boyue t62 instead of boox afterglow 2. too late...
bagheera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, c67, c67ml, onyx, root