Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-26-2023, 01:24 AM   #346
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
version 1.0.65 into Spanish

Hello !! I have sent a private message to DaltonST with a link because I have translated the plugin version 1.0.65 into Spanish
I leave you a screenshot.
I don't know how many Spanish-speaking users of this plugin, but when a librarian friend showed it to him, he was amazed by the plugin.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	127
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	201687  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Library Codes_spanish.zip (326.3 KB, 90 views)
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 01:06 PM   #347
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Versión en español/Spanish Language version

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
Hello !! I have sent a private message to DaltonST with a link because I have translated the plugin version 1.0.65 into Spanish
I leave you a screenshot.
I don't know how many Spanish-speaking users of this plugin, but when a librarian friend showed it to him, he was amazed by the plugin.

I have added the following to the Original Post:

Versión en español/Spanish Language version: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...7&postcount=24

That means that any updates for Spanish versions in the future should be made in post #24; just adjust the description of your post accordingly.

Your library_codes_spanish.zip cannot be added as an attachment to the OP because it would confuse the Calibre hourly job that runs to extract the latest .zip and store it in the cloud for users to download using the standard Calibre Plugin Update function.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-10-2023, 01:38 PM   #348
dizzy_aardvark
dizzy_aardvark began at the beginning.

Device: None
Getting an error that I've only seen one example of in this thread that is a couple of years old but I didn't see it addressed.

Windows 10, calibre x64 v6.22.0, Library Codes v1.0.65

Any action with the plugin returns the following error:
ERROR: Derive Library Codes: No Active Library Codes.
dizzy_aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2023, 02:44 PM   #349
dizzy_aardvark
dizzy_aardvark began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy_aardvark View Post
Getting an error that I've only seen one example of in this thread that is a couple of years old but I didn't see it addressed.

Windows 10, calibre x64 v6.22.0, Library Codes v1.0.65

Any action with the plugin returns the following error:
ERROR: Derive Library Codes: No Active Library Codes.
I'm so dumb it's criminal, I don't know how all of the codes in the plugin config got unchecked. Disregard my post.
dizzy_aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2023, 03:09 PM   #350
alemen
alemen began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Hello DaltonST, hello every user of Library codes plugin.

This is such a great plugin that I use everyday for my gigantic library.

The convenience with whom it is possible to scrap all the DDC infos from OCLC are great. If I may ask for a new feature, it would terrific to choose from where you can scrap those DDC infos.

For instance, I'm French and I use on a daily basis the BNF (Bibliothèque nationale de France) website for specific informations such as DDC, and which I consider as more specific in the BNF website than in the OCLC one.

This is maybe a dream, but if some "coding big guns" are up to this project, I could give help even if my competences in coding are near to zero.

Alemen
alemen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2023, 09:45 AM   #351
Corto037
Corto037 began at the beginning.

Nothing Found For Any Selected Book

Dear All,

First of all, thank you very much for this great plugin that eases the tasks of sorting to any Calibre user.

After months of perfect working, for some days, I got no results at any attempt to use the plugin, and the app gives the following message:
'calibre, version 6.25.0 Library Codes: Nothing Found For Any Selected Book. Visit: http://classify.oclc.org/classify2/'.

In addition, any attempt on the site gives no results too. Is this site always operational? I googled the problem several times, and laso serched in this forum, but I found nothing. I mailed OCLC, but I have not received an answer from them.

Do you also have this problem? If yes, maybe do you know the explanation? if no, what coudl be my problem?

Thank you in advance for all your answers, comment and suggestions & all the best,

Corto037
Corto037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 06:49 PM   #352
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto037 View Post
Dear All,

First of all, thank you very much for this great plugin that eases the tasks of sorting to any Calibre user.

After months of perfect working, for some days, I got no results at any attempt to use the plugin, and the app gives the following message:
'calibre, version 6.25.0 Library Codes: Nothing Found For Any Selected Book. Visit: http://classify.oclc.org/classify2/'.

In addition, any attempt on the site gives no results too. Is this site always operational? I googled the problem several times, and laso serched in this forum, but I found nothing. I mailed OCLC, but I have not received an answer from them.

Do you also have this problem? If yes, maybe do you know the explanation? if no, what coudl be my problem?

Thank you in advance for all your answers, comment and suggestions & all the best,

Corto037
OCLC have installed a Cloudfare security check, can you access the site via your browser. When I clicked the link you posted I was asked to tick a box verifying I was a human.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2023, 03:29 AM   #353
Corto037

Dear BR, Dear All,

Thank you for your answer.

Indeed, I clicked the link posted today, and now it is requested to tick a box to access the main page. The good news is that the service is again fully operational once this check passed.

About the LC plugin, I still got no results at any attempt to use it. Will it be able to manage this new Cloudfare security check?

Thank you in advance for your answers,
All the best,

Paul
Old 08-30-2023, 04:45 AM   #354
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corto037 View Post
Dear BR, Dear All,

Thank you for your answer.

About the LC plugin, I still got no results at any attempt to use it. Will it be able to manage this new Cloudfare security check?
I've no idea, I don't use the the plugin, I'm just the janitor

But I should tell you that the plugin author hasn't logged into MR since early July.

BR (calibre moderator)
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 03:43 AM   #355
Corto037

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post

But I should tell you that the plugin author hasn't logged into MR since early July.

BR (calibre moderator)
Thank you BR for this information! I positively hope that the next upgrade of LC will be able to manage this new Cloudfare security check.

All the best,

Corto037
Old 09-12-2023, 09:21 PM   #356
AmyHNJ
AmyHNJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
This is my favorite plugin and it hasn't worked for me in about a month. I am able to access the Classify website and do a search, but do not get a security check in order to confirm that I am human. So am unable to use that as a fix. I hope the plugin author is still around.
AmyHNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 12:26 PM   #357
gbaker56
gbaker56 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
So you fixed it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzy_aardvark View Post
I'm so dumb it's criminal, I don't know how all of the codes in the plugin config got unchecked. Disregard my post.
Like many here, I haven't been able to get library codes to work anymore, but you seem to suggest that you were able to fix your problem by re-checking unchecked codes. Where/how did you access the configuration for the plugin?
gbaker56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2023, 01:51 PM   #358
davidjoseph1
Enthusiast
davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.davidjoseph1 's soul has travelled the oceans between the stars.

Device: Onyx Boox M90, M92 (*3),M96, N96,I86ml,C67ml,Kepler,Poke,Poke2,Nova3
I am one of many fans of this plugin and when it began failing last month I decided to investigate the reasons why.

As far as I can determine, OCLC is ending the web facing Classify service on 1/31/2024 and has already halted API access as of 10/31/2023, or earlier.

Instead, queries will only be available to subscribing institutions through WorldCat Metadata API or WorldShare Record Manager, in other words, free access is discontinued.

Out of curiosity, will DaltonST investigate updating Library Codes to incorporate WorldCat Metadata API 2.0 access? I do believe that such an update would require access to the non-free api limited to subscribers. I have made inquiries at OCLC about individual licensing numbers - but my sense is, they won't provide the service for anything less than a sum of money that isn't compatible with the Library Codes userbase.

I hope something else will turn up!
davidjoseph1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 04:11 PM   #359
dcoulombe
dcoulombe began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O
LCC finding nothing...

LCC was working great for many months. But since a while, I get a message stating that: 'nOTHING FOUND FOR ANY SELECTED BOOK', which is weird, given that the ISBNs are correctly specified. So I ran calibre-debut and got the following log entry for each selected book :

ISBN/ISSN/OCLC-WI: value being used: 9782259217774
LC is deriving DDC/LCC from ISBN/ISSN/OCLC-WI: 1
paramtype: stdnbr
paramvalue: 9782259217774
Error in br.open_novisit: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden

So it seems that the site used to get the library codes is not accessible. Is there a fix for that? I am using Calibre 7.2 with the latest version of LCC.

Thanks for any help

PS: Searching for LC corresponding to a specific book, on the site https://classify.oclc.org/classify2 gives expected results. So I guess the LCC extension no longer access it correctlé?
dcoulombe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 09:57 PM   #360
iienderii
iienderii began at the beginning.

Device: PC, Google Pixel 4XL
Any alternatives?

Anyone out there have a functioning alternative in the meantime? I'm hopeful that this plugin can be brought back into action, but if not, what else are you using to tie LCC and/or DCC codes to your Calibre library books? If at all possible, I'm hoping to not have to do it manually.
iienderii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ddc, dewey decimal, lcc, library of congress, oclc