Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-25-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
DojoPat
literature lover
DojoPat has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Ereader PRS-505 & PRS-300
Has the NYT become incompatible recently?

I use Calibre to download the NY Times and other papers daily to my Sony 505, in EPUB format.

The big NYT file has always been somewhat problematic, prone to occasional crashes on my Sony.

But over the last few weeks the problem seems to have become much more severe, so that often I can barely read the NYT at all due to the constant crashes. Am I the only one experiencing this problem ?

I suspect that the Times has been futzing with its RSS feed format, making it more calibre-unfriendly (purely unintentional on their part I'm sure).
DojoPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
moosejons_dad
Zealot
moosejons_dad began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Readers PRS-500 exchanged by Sony for PRS-600, PRS-505,IPAD3,mini
What I found using Calibre now is that I do not connect my reader until the downloading of the NYTimes begins as it will not work. Once the downloading starts, the NYTimes has always worked.

Hope this helps.
moosejons_dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2010, 01:52 PM   #3
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I just ran the NYTimes recipe (PRS-505, connected, v.0.6.45) and it downloaded and displayed without any problems.

I've made some improvements in the recipe recently, but they've all been related to layout and formatting.

One other thing to look at: Confirm that Preferences|General|Preferred output format is set to EPUB.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 03-25-2010 at 03:53 PM.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote