Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-07-2018, 01:45 PM   #16
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by crane3 View Post
I believe that it "depends". I had bought old Norton's books for English Lit & the books for American Lit classes for $5 each book at Borders & before I enrolled in the courses; think that they were only 1 or 2 editions old at the time of my having to use them. All reading assignments were in the old editions; I just did not think that the professors would add new stuff for reading assignments.

I also bought a old edition of Victorian literature from Powell's bookstore & had them send the book where the cost of shipping was double the cost of the book; BUT it was still lower than the over $100 used from the school bookstore; my cost of the used book was $10 for the book & $20 s&h. Only had 1 reading assignment where the newer edition expanded the material.

I do think that books for literature courses are more likely to have less changes than other topics; or Greek & Roman mythology.
Hmm, likely true.

I was in STEM so getting the correct edition was important, otherwise, you'd be doing incorrect homework questions.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote