Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 06-04-2014, 11:02 PM   #1
tarisea
Zealot
tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.tarisea got an A in P-Chem.

Device: iphone
Marvin opds iphone ipad

Hi

I had this working before but ever since I reformatted the HD I can't get it
working again.

No matter what I do it thinks for a long time and then comes up with:

"oops. cannot download feed. The service might not be available or you are not connected to the internet."

I am using Calibre 1.39 on Windows 7 pro
I have an iphone 4s and an ipad 3

Setup sharing over the internet
Server port: 8080
Username: blank
Password:blank
Server started.

I've allowed it through my firewall and even tried turning of my virus protection.

ip is: xxx.xxx.x.xxx

i have tried:

xxx.xxx.x.xxx:8080/opds
xxx.xxx.x.xxx:8080/opds/
http://xxx.xxx.x.xxx:8080/opds
http://xxx.xxx.x.xxx:8080/opds/

When I put xxx.xxx.x.xxx:8080/opds into firefox it works perfectly but it does not work from either my iphone or ipad

Not sure what else to try.

Ideas?

thanks

ttrs
tarisea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:00 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
If you cannot access http://xxx.xxx.x.xxx:8080 from the browser on your device, you may not be connected to the same network as your computer. Are you connected to the same WiFi network or are you using cellular data?
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert