Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 02-01-2014, 12:40 PM   #1
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Errors

After I did some deleting of superflous css files, then I got a Windows message it could not find the temporary file when I tried to search.

So I saved what I had and can not open, InvalidEpub: No META-INF/container.xml in epub.

I did nothing with the container file to my knowledge.

Last edited by mrmikel; 02-01-2014 at 12:44 PM.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:53 PM   #2
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC, t1, t2, t3, aura 2 v1, clara HD, Libra 2, Nxtpaper 11
Indeed, there are several issues. The attached one I get regularly on a search. The only option then is to quit editing without saving, otherwise I corrupt my e-book.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.png
Views:	352
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	118591  
DrChiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2014, 04:59 PM   #3
BobC
Guru
BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BobC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1, BeBook Pure, Kobo Glo, (and HD),Energy Sistem EReader Pro +
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
After I did some deleting of superflous css files, then I got a Windows message it could not find the temporary file when I tried to search.

So I saved what I had and can not open, InvalidEpub: No META-INF/container.xml in epub.

I did nothing with the container file to my knowledge.
I had a similar occurrence today - my epub was completely trashed , when I looked at the remains it had gone down from a 24Mb epub (full of pictures) to a measly few Kb. Fortunately I hadn't done much editing so starting again wasn't a pain.

I think it happened after cleaning up the unused css styles but can't now be certain.

BobC
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 10:01 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...7d3b4f04247950
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:47 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Since this error is hard to recover from, I've uploaded fixed builds of 1.22. Re-download and re-install and this error should go away.
Advert
Old 02-02-2014, 06:22 AM   #6
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks. There seems to be no way to recover from it. I will go to my usb drive backup, since it blew out the original.
Old 02-02-2014, 10:56 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You should just be able to go back to the previous checkpoint to recover (you will of course lose any changes you made between that checkpoint and the error).
Old 02-02-2014, 05:03 PM   #8
mrmikel
Color me gone

I am so used to Sigil, I frankly forgot all about it. Thanks for the reminder!

I have been testing it out and the problem is gone.

I am looking forward to when it takes in html. I decided to redo it entirely from the original html with any conversion having been performed. I did that through Sigil and have been working with it in the editor.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:34 AM   #9
DrChiper
Bookish
DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DrChiper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Since the last fix update (which indeed solves the previous errors ) I noticed that after some search / replace actions the code view page seems to be frozen in the sense that it will no longer scroll further down although the page has not reached the end yet. Performing some scrolling upwards, page-ups / page-downs, etc. fixes it.

No big trouble, but still worth to mention I guess.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:58 AM   #10
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You're talking about the code view page in the editor, or in the compare tool?
Old 02-03-2014, 09:17 AM   #11
DrChiper
Bookish

Sorry, I should have mentioned that it is the editor.
Old 02-03-2014, 09:47 AM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

STrange, I cant think of any reason for that to happen.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:26 AM   #13
DrChiper
Bookish

I'm currently using the edit book function a lot, so I noticed this behavior right away after installment of your latest fix. The original 1.22 did not had this. It is however not in every S&R, but often enough to make a note about it, and I have seen it also in different e-books.

I try if I can find specific conditions to reproduce it. For the moment it is more annoying (no scroll down action when you expect it) then a real showstopper.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:32 AM   #14
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
STrange, I cant think of any reason for that to happen.
This has happened to me once. Totally strange and, No, I don't remember what the S&R was doing at the time. It (the session) was recoverable.
Unlike Sigil, I don't ever remember Editor doing a hard crash (Dr Watson Message) ROBUST
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 10:45 AM   #15
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Well if you can come across some scenario that reproduces it reliably do let me know. Otherwise, I haven't a clue.