Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-04-2022, 04:03 AM   #1
stevejoung
stevejoung began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Most KUAL extensions not working

I have successfully jailbroken my PW1 and installed KUAL v2.7. Also successful was the installation of USBnetwork, Helper+, MRPackage Installer and kindle-python. Most of the important stuff. I really need a terminal but Kterm does not show up in KUAL menu after extracting the zip into the folder Extensions. Neither does core-utils.

I have tried installing several packages from this list https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=205064 by unzipping the zip files into "extensions" but only have a limited success rate. Draw and Eboard Chess work as epected with a menu item in KUAL, Minesweeper, Leafpad and Kterm install a folder into "extensions" but don't show up in the KUAL menu.

Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by stevejoung; 12-04-2022 at 04:22 AM.
stevejoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 04:20 AM   #2
tekkasit
Groupie
tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tekkasit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, KV, KOA3
I had Voyage and Oasis 3, and Kterm extension works on both devices.

Make sure you copy to the correct location. It must be /Volumes/Kindle/extensions/kterm/config.xml (Mac) or E:/extensions/kterm/config.xml (Windows).
tekkasit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2022, 07:15 AM   #3
stevejoung

My OS is Ubuntu 22.04. I unzip to /media/myName/Kindle/extensions/, exactly where I unzipped USBnetwork and Helper2 to and they work fine.
Old 12-04-2022, 04:26 PM   #4
stevejoung

I found a version of Kterm which works on my PW at https://github.com/bfabiszewski/kter...kindle-2.3.zip

Would still like core-utils and other apps to run on my PW and KUAL though.
Old 12-04-2022, 04:48 PM   #5
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevejoung View Post
I found a version of Kterm which works on my PW at https://github.com/bfabiszewski/kter...kindle-2.3.zip

Would still like core-utils and other apps to run on my PW and KUAL though.
What do you mean by core-utils and which package did you try to install to get them?

Also which kindle firmware version are you running?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-05-2022, 03:21 AM   #6
stevejoung

Sorry I meant "leafpad" and not "core-utils". I can manage with vi but "leafpad" would be nice and I would also like to learn why it, and other apps such as minesweeper, won't work with KUAL.

I am using FW 5.6.1.1., I downgraded it to 5.3.3 (or maybe 5.4.4, I can't remember which but I have both bins on my laptop)) for the Jailbreak and then afterward upgraded it again as per the instruction on this thread.
Old 12-05-2022, 08:05 PM   #7
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
For notes, try KOReader’s Text editor. It is barebones, but gets the job done
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
instalation, kual