Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-10-2019, 12:47 PM   #136
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number9 View Post
I want to increase the size of my header and footer fonts. Is it the Reduce new header/footer height-patch that I should use for that? And I don't really understand what it is that I need to change there. Can I get some assistance, please?
If it's font-size you want to change look at patch details earlier in this this thread "New patch - "Custom new header/footer font"
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 01:33 PM   #137
Number9
Dude
Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One; Kobo Aura H2o; Sony Reader PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
If it's font-size you want to change look at patch details earlier in this this thread "New patch - "Custom new header/footer font"
Oh yes, that worked just perfectly! Thank you!

Last edited by Number9; 11-11-2019 at 02:15 AM.
Number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2019, 02:34 AM   #138
errenay
Enthusiast
errenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three noteserrenay can name that song in three notes

Device: Kobo Libra H20
Because I've not applied a few previous updates, I'm surprised to see files (like images for the screensaver) from dot directories, which are imported as books in my Kobo. Is there any way to prevent this to happen?
errenay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:42 AM   #139
JeanPierre
Zealot
JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeanPierre ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Thank you for v54, you wonderful devs you
JeanPierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:18 AM   #140
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by errenay View Post
Because I've not applied a few previous updates, I'm surprised to see files (like images for the screensaver) from dot directories, which are imported as books in my Kobo. Is there any way to prevent this to happen?
This problem doesn't affect me so I can't help with details but maybe this thread Prevent Kobo from importing dotfiles/folders will help you.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-11-2019, 11:00 AM   #141
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
This problem doesn't affect me so I can't help with details but maybe this thread Prevent Kobo from importing dotfiles/folders will help you.
Note that you'll want to use my hack or Kobo will delete all your stuff once you ignore it with the config option.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 03:40 PM   #142
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For people who have an issue with the wrong orientation when returning from sleep with the page buttons inverted (see here), I've written a patch which inverts the buttons without affecting anything else as a workaround.

The following patch will conflict with the "Both buttons go next' patch.

Code:
Invert page turn buttons:
  - Enabled: yes
  # In ReadingView::keyPressEvent(QKeyEvent*), invert the branch to next page:
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0xAD2824, FindH: 28 B9, ReplaceH: 28 B1} # CBNZ R0, #0xE -> CBZ R0, #0xE
Old 11-15-2019, 04:54 PM   #143
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
geek1011,
let me remind you of a patch that changes the link to the Kobo store to something else (beta features or a browser).

Your knowledge is needed here.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 01:43 PM   #144
geek1011
Wizard

Patches v55 have been released

This release includes quite a few new patches:
  • Change ComfortLight settings (thanks to jackie_w for testing and debugging!)
    This patch allows you to change when the bedtime transition starts, when it goes back to blue (and how long it takes), and allows you to set a bedtime earlier than 9PM with many more options for the time.
  • Change Browse Kobo home screen link target (2 variants)
    This patch changes what the Browse Kobo link on the home screen does. 2 variants (Pocket and Activity) are included in the patch zips, but more are possible.
  • Hide top-left menu items (6 variants)
    This patch allows you to selectively remove the Dropbox, Pocket, Store, Recommended, Wishlist, or Activity items from the top-left menu.
  • Allow USB storage even when device locked
    This patch is more intended for patch developers/testers (see the patch description), but it's also useful if you tend to forget your PIN. It allows you to connect to a computer even if the screen is locked. For some security by obscurity, this only works if you plug it in while sleeping (not at the PIN entry screen).

I'm going to take another break for the next 2 weeks now, but feel free to ask any questions if you have any.
Old 11-17-2019, 05:25 PM   #145
hwanjongyu
Enthusiast
hwanjongyu began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H20 / Glo HD

Last edited by hwanjongyu; 11-17-2019 at 09:57 PM.
hwanjongyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2019, 03:10 AM   #146
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Many thanks for the patches!
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 04:56 PM   #147
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I had to log out of my Kobo account on my Kobo Forma, then re-log back in, due to an error when syncing with Calibre. (I think that error was caused by an inadvertent unplugging of my Forma without ejecting).

Anyway, before this logout-then-log-back-in procedure, I was able to patch my Kobo Forma just fine. But now, after logout-->login, I can't patch. What's wrong?
Running 4.18.13737 (0f26e9d78c, 9/30/19)
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:10 PM   #148
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Define "can't patch" .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 05:24 PM   #149
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

error code when trying to run "kobopatch.sh"

Code:
$ '/home/droopy/programs/kobopatch_4.18.13737/kobopatch.sh' 
kobopatch cfae583
https://github.com/geek1011/kobopatch

Loading configuration from kobopatch.yaml
Reading input firmware zip

Patching ./usr/local/Kobo/libnickel.so.1.0.0
panic: incomplete implementation (missing implementation of PatchableInstruction) for type %!s(<nil>)

goroutine 1 [running]:
github.com/geek1011/kobopatch/patchfile/kobopatch.Parse(0xc00018e000, 0x1435d, 0x1455d, 0x1435d, 0x1455d, 0x0, 0x0)
	/drone/src/patchfile/kobopatch/kobopatch.go:95 +0x14b5
github.com/geek1011/kobopatch/patchfile.ReadFromFile(0xc0000960b0, 0x9, 0xc0000e6600, 0x1b, 0x2, 0x1fffe00, 0x0, 0x0)
	/drone/src/patchfile/patchfile.go:61 +0xbc
main.(*KoboPatch).ApplyPatches(0xc0000df5e0, 0x0, 0x0)
	/drone/src/kobopatch/kobopatch.go:373 +0x107b
main.main()
	/drone/src/kobopatch/kobopatch.go:159 +0x9d2
Old 11-22-2019, 05:28 PM   #150
droopy
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Define "can't patch" .
I went through steps 5-7 on https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...72&postcount=1 and when I use my Forma, there's no changes. It looks like an unpatched Forma.

Anyway, I tried going through steps 1 through 7, and now I'm stuck on the error message I just pasted here 1 minute ago.

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching