Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-26-2019, 02:58 PM   #46
Paperbackstash
Addict
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles. See Signature for Info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookyboy View Post
Immediately I fired up the same page and same settings on both the Voyage and the PW4..

The Voyage is absolutely sharper and clearer - not a contest.

That said, I think the PW4 is certainly "fine" and very good, particularly at the price point where it lives.
I don't think it's just because of the price point. I remember being disappointed with my PW4 the first few days because of how much sharper and clearer my PW3 is in comparison. I have gotten used to the PW4 now and always have bold on to help, so I got used to it.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:00 PM   #47
bookyboy
Zealot
bookyboy can read faster than his screen refreshesbookyboy can read faster than his screen refreshesbookyboy can read faster than his screen refreshesbookyboy can read faster than his screen refreshesbookyboy can read faster than his screen refreshesbookyboy can read faster than his screen refreshesbookyboy can read faster than his screen refreshesbookyboy can read faster than his screen refreshesbookyboy can read faster than his screen refreshesbookyboy can read faster than his screen refreshesbookyboy can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: Kindle PW 6th Gen, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
I don't think it's just because of the price point. I remember being disappointed with my PW4 the first few days because of how much sharper and clearer my PW3 is in comparison. I have gotten used to the PW4 now and always have bold on to help, so I got used to it.
The PW3 is also sharper than the PW4?

No kidding?
I didn’t realize that.

I figured there’d be basically identical screen experiences.
Do we know what changed?
bookyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 08:45 PM   #48
Paperbackstash
Addict
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles. See Signature for Info.
Quote:
The PW3 is also sharper than the PW4?

No kidding?
I didn’t realize that.

I figured there’d be basically identical screen experiences.
Do we know what changed?
To me, definitely. I find it clearer and crisper, darker - but turning the bold on the PW4 helps make up some difference.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 09:21 PM   #49
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos, Tolinos and others.
Quote:
The Voyage seems a bit faster/snappier to me.
That surprises me (just based upon age) - but perhaps it shouldn't?
The Voyage was definitely a premium reader. It's the fastest and most responsive reader I have — and I think the screen is also the sharpest (though I like the "warm" lights on the Tolinos). What's weird though, is that when I'm reading on one reader and not comparing them, they all seem pretty good to me.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 10:00 AM   #50
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, PW4, Voyage, Oasis 2, Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
The Voyage was definitely a premium reader. It's the fastest and most responsive reader I have — and I think the screen is also the sharpest (though I like the "warm" lights on the Tolinos). What's weird though, is that when I'm reading on one reader and not comparing them, they all seem pretty good to me.
Agreed! I've been traveling a lot lately and have been taking my PW4 since I don't want to risk anything happening to my Oasis or Voyage. I thought at first I'd find it irksome to use compared to the other devices, but once I start reading I forget about all the differences and just sink into the book.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote