Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-08-2019, 10:08 AM   #1
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Pocketbook InkPad X is a 10.3 inch e-reader

Quote:
Good e-Reader has learned that Pocketbook is going to be releasing a new e-Reader in November and it is called the Pocketbook InkPad X. This device is going to feature the largest screen the company has ever produced, 10.3 inches. This is a dedicated e-reader and not a digital note taking device.
Quote:
PocketBook InkPad X features a 10.3-inch E Ink Carta HD epaper display with a resolution of 1404 × 1872 with 227 PPI. This will make it the ideal device for reading any kind of digital content: comics, ebooks, newspapers and magazines, manga, scientific publications, and even sheet music.

This e-reader has a front-lit display and color temperature system. SMARTlight technology provides maximum reading comfort in all lighting conditions, automatically adjusting the brightness and colour temperature of the screen. You can even change the brightness and colour tone without breaking away from the page: just slide your finger along the side of the display. Users can also save their screen settings in the form of templates that can be saved and loaded.

Quote:
Underneath the hood is a dual core 1 GHZ processor, 1GB RAM and 32GB of internal storage. It has a USB-C connector, something that even Amazon doesn’t even have on the Kindle. It has WIFI, Bluetooth, a G Sensor, cover sensor for sleep covers. It is powered by a 2,000 mAh battery and is running the standard Pocketbook OS, which is based on Linux. The overall dimensions are 249.2 х 173.4 х 7.7-4.5 mm and it weighs 300g.
So what do you think?
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 10:46 AM   #2
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Added video.

Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 02:06 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Added video.
Please don't post such convoluted YouTube links when you can post the video instead.

JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 03:00 PM   #4
Philippe D.
Addict
Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Philippe D. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2o; reMarkable; Onyx Max 2 Pro
I don't know about the device (I'm not on the market for this kind of device, since I already have the reMarkable, and the note taking functionality is pretty important to me for this size), but the video doesn't say or show anything interesting, IMHO.
Philippe D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 03:24 PM   #5
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
So what do you think?
Looks pretty impressive. I'm not in the market for 10" eReader, but quite a few people seem to be and this might be a good choice. 300 grams (10.5 ounces) seems pretty light for a 10.3" reader, but folks may not like the 227 ppi screen. (But that may be normal for 10.3" readers, I don't know.)

I liked the video. Seemed professional and upbeat. I wish PocketBook had a bigger "footprint" in the U.S.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 06:57 PM   #6
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
it seems almost everyone coming out with a new 9-10 inch screen is including a built-in light. i thought that the limit was at the 8 inch mark. what happened? did the lighting tech on these devices improve? how soon before we see lighting on a 13-inch device?
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 07:51 PM   #7
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
300 grams (10.5 ounces) seems pretty light for a 10.3" reader
Sony does it with 8.5 ounces (240 grams) on the DPT-CP1.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 08:38 PM   #8
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
But no light. I think you need to keep the screen flat to use the light, so the case has to be much more rigid.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 09:08 PM   #9
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
But no light. I think you need to keep the screen flat to use the light, so the case has to be much more rigid.
It's also not an ePub eReader. But 8.5 ounces is pretty amazing for a 10" tablet.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 12:03 AM   #10
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Not necessarily. I am hoping CLEARink does it right by using FLEx (see https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...play-Solutions). I don't see any reason, other than cost or licensing, why someone doesn't already slap a FLEx front light on top of a eInk Moebius screen.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 09:25 AM   #11
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
The lights are flexible, but I haven't seen anything that says that the distribution is still even when they are flexed. I hope I'm wrong, but with the little optics I know, it doesn't sound realistic. Thinking of those people who return their devices because the light is a bit brighter near the LEDs at the edges, I don't see them accepting a device where large areas go bright or dark depending on how you hold the device.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote