Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 08-29-2010, 07:04 PM   #1
gidgiddonihah
gidgiddonihah began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Nook Reading Progress Bar Goes Blank

Just wondering if im the only one... If i am, ill have BN take a look at it, and see what the heck is wrong with it. Ill see if i can get more discriptive :

When im reading, ill have the progress bar going like normal. But sometimes when i turn a page, the progress bar is BLANK. The bar itself is there, but black bar inside is gone, like im at page 0. Sometimes this will happen for several page turns, sometimes it will be fixed the next page. I thought it was just the My Documents thing, but i bought a few books from BN and it does the same thing.

If anyone has any info on how to fix this (Ive already reset to factory settings or watnot, but this did nothing, if anything the problem has increased!). I have never Softrooted, its running the 1.4.1 software, never installed anything different on there... I have also used Calibre, but the problem was occuring before Calibre! HELP .

Thanks Ahead!
gidgiddonihah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:30 PM   #2
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
This seems to be a glitch in 1.4. It worked okay in 1.3 and earlier.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 07:46 PM   #3
gidgiddonihah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Pardee View Post
This seems to be a glitch in 1.4. It worked okay in 1.3 and earlier.
So is there a fix? Or should i just fall back onto version 1.3?
Old 08-29-2010, 10:36 PM   #4
Doug Pardee
Zealot
Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.Doug Pardee is the king of the Divan.

Device: B&N NOOK 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by gidgiddonihah View Post
So is there a fix? Or should i just fall back onto version 1.3?
There is no "fix" until 1.5 comes out. You can't fall back to 1.3. You'll have to live with it for a while.
Doug Pardee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:55 AM   #5
gidgiddonihah

Sad day, you don't happen to know when that is?
Advert
Old 08-30-2010, 01:24 AM   #6
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
I've noticed this too. It doesn't really bother me though. The page count is still accurate, so it's pretty easy to tell how far along in the book you are with or without the progress bar.

dordale
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 01:38 AM   #7
gidgiddonihah

Quote:
Originally Posted by dordale View Post
I've noticed this too. It doesn't really bother me though. The page count is still accurate, so it's pretty easy to tell how far along in the book you are with or without the progress bar.

dordale
Its just an annoyance .
Old 08-30-2010, 04:47 AM   #8
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
Closing and openin the book solves it with mine.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:56 AM   #9
gidgiddonihah

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERGE View Post
Closing and openin the book solves it with mine.
It does for me for about two pages... Putting it to sleep and turning it off does the same thing. Sad day .