iAmBeer
iAmBeer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
skin from DecalGirl and case from Oberon

iAmBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:05 AM   #19
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
I use DecalGirl's Black Carbon Fiber. It gives a nice contrast to the display.
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:29 PM   #20
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAmBeer View Post
skin from DecalGirl and case from Oberon

nice skin! which one is it? I have that cover for my K1!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 09:27 AM   #21
iAmBeer
iAmBeer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
nice skin! which one is it? I have that cover for my K1!
The skin name is "Ask"
http://www.decalgirl.com/design.view/1056
iAmBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:43 AM   #22
KingOfMyWorld
KingOfMyWorld began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350, Touchpad, Kindle 2, Kindle Touch
So I just got a K2 and was thinking of getting a decalgirl skin, but how many of you spring for that Matte/Satin finish over the default gloss? Is it really worth that extra bit of money I could use buying books, I'm sure it's all in the users eye, but it's still worth wondering if anybody feels it's worth it and why?
KingOfMyWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 10:58 AM   #23
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
I've had 2 skins and do not feel that they are glossy enough to require a further matte finish. I'm getting ready to buy 2 more and won't spring for the difference. hope this helps answer the question!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 12:48 PM   #24
suecsi
Rock Chick
suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.suecsi is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle 2i, Kindle DX, Kindle 3G
I've just ordered a custom skin from SkinIt - plain black on the front with a picture of my hubby taken on a black background on the back. Just have to see how it turns out.
suecsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:52 PM   #25
KingOfMyWorld
KingOfMyWorld began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350, Touchpad, Kindle 2, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I've had 2 skins and do not feel that they are glossy enough to require a further matte finish. I'm getting ready to buy 2 more and won't spring for the difference. hope this helps answer the question!
Yeah I was leaning just go with the gloss too...I think I'll cut up an old xbox skin from them just to look at it under a lamp. But, I'm not thinking it's going to be a problem.
KingOfMyWorld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #26
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
I designed my own skin for my K2 and had it custom made by Decal Girl. I prefer the Matte finish.

PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 04:14 AM   #27
Marc_liest
Early Adopter
Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marc_liest ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: einige
I only use the back skin.

Marc_liest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #28
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG4003 View Post
I designed my own skin for my K2 and had it custom made by Decal Girl. I prefer the Matte finish.

Haha love the heroic guy with the skirt.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 06:28 PM   #29
PG4003
Addict
PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PG4003 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW I & II, Kindle Voyage, Fire HD 7", Fire HD 8.9"
Quote:
Originally Posted by pboss View Post
Haha love the heroic guy with the skirt.
Look out now, don't be making fun of Jamie
PG4003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:13 AM   #30
TomF
Kindle Enthusiast
TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.TomF once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 3G Graphite, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyDad6 View Post
I use DecalGirl's Black Carbon Fiber. It gives a nice contrast to the display.
Did you order the original glossy or the new matte? I haven't decided yet, but I ordered the Carbon in Glossy for my Wii so that should help me decide.
TomF is offline   Reply With Quote