Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-23-2010, 10:42 AM   #1
jasonfedelem
Zealot
jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen2
KlearKase - are you going to get one?

Are y'all planning on getting a KlearKase?

I'm still trying to decide. I want some kind of case, but I haven't found any information that tells me whether I can still type on the keyboard with the case on.

Any thoughts?
jasonfedelem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
Opus
Opus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
this looks interesting,
according to the website ALL buttons are accessible and the case is designed to put on once and left in place.
They do not promise water proofing but splash protection and if properly sealed they claim that your Kindle MIGHT survive a drop in water if recovered quickly, $40 does not seem too bad with free shipping.
thanks for the heads up!
Opus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2010, 05:44 PM   #3
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I'm going to wait and see if the Kindle 3 is something I think I want before I invest in another case.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 06:20 PM   #4
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
no...
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 07:31 PM   #5
KlearKase
KlearKase began at the beginning.

Hi Jason - KlearKase fully seals your Kindle while providing full access to its buttons, including the keyboard and power slider. More information is available at KlearKase.com, including a mailing list you can join to receive release updates.

We are a group of technology veterans and Kindle owners who, after losing several Kindles to accidents, set out to build a case that offers real protection all day, every day. KlearKase protects the Amazon Kindle from water, sand, scratches and drops at a third the weight and half the price of the heavily promoted M-Edge Guardian launched recently. At only 6 ounces, it is designed to be left on the Kindle for everyday protection. KlearKase was founded by veteran Microsoft senior executives with decades of experience building mobile electronic devices.

Happy to answer any additional questions.

KlearKase is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-23-2010, 10:15 PM   #6
jasonfedelem
Zealot
jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen2
only one: what is the actual release date? I have the money in hand.

My biggest concern in getting a Kindle was that eventually either myself, my dogs or my kids would destroy it. Hopefully this case will help with that. And unless you like to scuba dive and read at the same time, the M-Edge has nothing on you at this price point. I'd like to see the KlearKase closer to the $25-$30 range. I know it will get there but y'all need to recoup R&D and frankly, to protect the K2, I'll pay $40 right now.

Curious for those of you who don't have a case, are y'all just very careful with it, or don't typically break things, etc?
jasonfedelem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 10:39 PM   #7
BVLarson
Author
BVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-booksBVLarson has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
I'm looking at these... The ziplock bag at the pool is looking lame. I know they have a lot of cases available for about $15 now at Target. Will KlearKase be sold there?
BVLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 05:20 AM   #8
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Looks and sounds good. Why is it, though, that marketers insist on such eccentric spelling ... KlearKase! This accessory is meant for reading folk, so why such a childish insult to the intelligence as to replace Cs with Ks? Sorry. Not had a wee rant for months, so I took this opportunity. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 06:39 AM   #9
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Developers have to be able to patent their products and name them uniquely and I suspect clearcase was already taken. No need to take it personally.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:12 AM   #10
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, Pushka. I'm just feeling grumpy today. I'll be better after a beer or two. Hoots. Kneil.
Old 06-24-2010, 11:02 AM   #11
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 4, iPhone 4
As per the creative spelling, it seems apparent that it's to match the K of Kindle

Kindle KlearKase

Much like iPhone accessories put "i" before everything.
HaggisMacJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:27 AM   #12
neilmarr
neilmarr

KKK? Doesn't sound very appealing to me, Haggis. Neil
Old 06-24-2010, 08:19 PM   #13
KlearKase
KlearKase began at the beginning.

Jason - We are finalizing preparations to launch KlearKase on Amazon.com next week. Members of our mailing list and facebook page will be notified first when it is available.

BVLarson - KlearKase will be available on Amazon.com starting next week. There are currently not plans to have it at Target stores.
KlearKase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:29 PM   #14
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilmarr View Post
KKK? Doesn't sound very appealing to me, Haggis. Neil

Looks like a Kindle spacesuit for sci-fi fans. I like it.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:54 AM   #15
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

Device: Infinite Kindles, Occasional Sony's
Does it cover the screen? I can't tell from the picture. I would love a case that has some sort of thin covering over the screen to protect from scratches.
mdibella is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle covers and cases, klearkase