Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 02-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #1
djgreedo
Addict
djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.djgreedo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 3G, HP Touchpad (Android), Samsung Omnia 7
BROKEN Sony PRS-700

I broke my PRS-700

The touchscreen is totally ruined, but the device itself works perfectly (I was removing the touchscreen to clean dust from beneath it).

(wow, the e-ink screen looks so much better without the touchscreen!)

The PRS-700 can't be controlled without the touchscreen, so to get any use out of it you will need to replace the touchscreen. I suppose you could use the other parts for other things. I believe a replacement touchscreen can be bought for around US$120.

If anyone is interested in taking it off my hands, make a reasonable offer. I'd prefer to sell through eBay.

I live in Australia, so there will be some shipping costs, maybe $15 to $20. I'd just like to recoup some of the cost of the replacement Kindle I just ordered.

Further details:

The device itself is less than 1 year old and in good condition. The little fake card that came in the SD card slot is missing (I always had a 2GB SD card in there, and can include it with the device for an extra few dollars) and the stylus is broken.

Alternatively, if anyone knows a cheap source for a replacement touchscreen I could maybe fix it myself and keep it.
djgreedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:33 AM   #2
stasys
Zealot
stasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enoughstasys will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo, Paperwhite
I can offer 100USD+shipping. Payment via Paypal.
stasys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2010, 03:13 AM   #3
Canuck_in_Japan
Wizard
Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Canuck_in_Japan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura, Aura H2O, Kindle PW3
I'd be curious to see what a 700 looks like without the touch screen-care to post pictures?
Canuck_in_Japan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prs-700, sony